Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 07:54 PM

Default Re: How should a sociaty deal with drugs?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Drugs have been used since the dawn of time, it's a very modern idea that some should be restricted.
I have some experience of the pros as well as the cons so I know they can be dangerous.
I do think that if legalised it would save a lot of money as well of removing some of the "do drugs to be a rebel" mentality that many teenagers have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Frankly, I think if parents just sat down with their teenage kids and smoked a joint with them, pot would lose all of its coolness.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 09-14-2007, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think whether you abuse drugs or not you may easily find yourself addicted to them and that's when your problems start.
Of course some may harm or kill you right away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Junk food, promiscuous sex, liquor, internet poker, adrenaline sports, internet politics forums are addictive as well. If people KNOW something has a high risk of addiction and CHOOSE to partake in it anyway, why do you think it's your job to use violence to stop them?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't compare sport nor internet politics to drugs.
So you would rather live in a society where drugs existed and where legal and easy to come by? Does anyone benefit from drugs in any way? Why have it around when it only spreads decadency and in worst case death? What are the positive effects of it? are there any?
Old 09-14-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Frankly, I think if parents just sat down with their teenage kids and smoked a joint with them, pot would lose all of its coolness.

[/ QUOTE ]
People don't smoke pot because it's cool, they do it because it gives them a break from their lives, their fears, their frustrations, and their unimaginative personality.

And your point is pretty much contradicted by the correlation between parents smoking cigarettes and doing drugs in the home and the habits of their children.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why have it around when it only spreads decadency and in worst case death? What are the positive effects of it? are there any?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it only spread death and had zero positive aspects, then there'd be no demand for it, so put doen your gun and don't worry about it.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why have it around when it only spreads decadency and in worst case death? What are the positive effects of it? are there any?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it only spread death and had zero positive aspects, then there'd be no demand for it, so put doen your gun and don't worry about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Worst case is not equal to only spread death. Don't change my words. And i have no gun and i don't worry about it. Just curious to understand different peoples opinions and why they have them, that's all.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think whether you abuse drugs or not you may easily find yourself addicted to them and that's when your problems start.

[/ QUOTE ]

Junk food, promiscuous sex, liquor, internet poker, adrenaline sports, internet politics forums are addictive as well. If people KNOW something has a high risk of addiction and CHOOSE to partake in it anyway, why do you think it's your job to use violence to stop them?

[/ QUOTE ]

So you would rather live in a society where drugs existed and where legal and easy to come by? Does anyone benefit from drugs in any way? Why have it around when it only spreads decadency and in worst case death? What are the positive effects of it? are there any?

[/ QUOTE ]

It gives people a good feeling, relieves stress and pain. Plus for entertainment purposes.

I mean what's the "benefit" of candy? What's the benefit of beer? I mean what's the benefit of movies? It creates no value in our society, produces nothing tangible, except entertainment.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
People don't smoke pot because it's cool, they do it because it gives them a break from their lives, their fears, their frustrations, and their unimaginative personality.

And your point is pretty much contradicted by the correlation between parents smoking cigarettes and doing drugs in the home and the habits of their children.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point was not that it would take away the enjoyable benefits of THC, but that it would lose its value as a rebellion factor.

Although, given that even adults can over fetishize alcohol and cigarettes, I think I have to at least partially concede this point.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It gives people a good feeling, relieves stress and pain. Plus for entertainment purposes.

I mean what's the "benefit" of candy? What's the benefit of beer? I mean what's the benefit of movies? It creates no value in our society, produces nothing tangible, except entertainment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not talking about marijuana here. Stop comparing it to things that can't instantly kill you if you overdose or severely damage your brains etc.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not talking about marijuana here. Stop comparing it to things that can't instantly kill you if you overdose or severely damage your brains etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't say marijuana.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:17 PM

In Sweden prostitution is illegal. If a women decides nonetheless that she wants to sell her body she will not be punished for it, only the person to whom she sells herself to will be(not severely). What if you were to have the same system on drugs only in reverse? Punish those who sell but not those who buy?