Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2006, 09:49 PM

Default Re: 30/60 - rolled up 7s, aggro on 5th, icky icky 7th

I'd never think to cap the 4-way pot for equity there on fifth, but it looks like the other players commmitted themselves by calling two cold, so it's probably a winnning play. I almost never make big river folds of any kind, but I think you have to fold your trips in that spot. I don't think you're good 1 in 100 times, let alone 1 in 34.

LOL @ the trip 8s BTW. I'm assuming this is Party or are other sites this soft too? I got a river call from someone who couldn't beat my board in a 30/60 game on Party today, so I could see this happening there.
Old 09-02-2006, 02:11 AM

yeah i really dont have a problem with the way it was played either. he got one hell of a huge pot built up here. only problem is that your hands chance of improvement is the basis of you winning this pot..

you can be completely sure that you are not winning this pot without filling up. which is why i am not sure if i like calling 2-bets on 5th and folding the river.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i really dont have a problem with the way it was played either. he got one hell of a huge pot built up here. only problem is that your hands chance of improvement is the basis of you winning this pot..

you can be completely sure that you are not winning this pot without filling up. which is why i am not sure if i like calling 2-bets on 5th and folding the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a problem at all - you're winning more than you put in on fifth, so just cap it. It's no different from capping with a pair + FD in limit.