Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Software for recording poker sessions

[ QUOTE ]
...And now I have ordered a quadcore cpu, new motherboard and 4GB really fast RAM. Your fault, Dave! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, what are you upgrading from?
Old 09-25-2007, 05:17 PM

AMD X2 3800+ with 2GB oldschool DDR-RAM on a Asus A8N mobo... And I am going to move the old stuff to my mediacenter for a much needed upgrade.

I hope to be able to record my sessions now, maybe even at 3200x1200 - but at least at 1600x1200 (I can't do that now).

I also upgraded the harddrive-system to 2xSATA300 disks in RAID0 recently, but they are not used as system-disks yet (requires reinstalling Vista).
Old 09-25-2007, 08:11 PM

Is there free software around that allows you to produce a video after you have recorded it with all the options that Camtasia does that I could use in tandem with Camstudio?
Old 09-25-2007, 08:17 PM

what are these missing "options"?

VirtualDub is Free and useful for editing / recompressing etc.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

AMD X2 3800+ with 2GB oldschool DDR-RAM on a Asus A8N mobo...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that surprises me, would have thought any X2 would have been up to the job - maybe CamStudio is only able to do one core, thus your 3800+ was similar in performance to my 3000+.

I doubt you will have any problems with the quad - it is an intel, right? you haven't found an early AMD quad?
Old 09-25-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what are these missing "options"?

VirtualDub is Free and useful for editing / recompressing etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I swap video sessions with another dude over the net so I'm using Camtasia to make the screenshot smaller if necessary, there is the slider to reduce audio and video quality if you want to make the file smaller, options to make the dimensions to your own size- basically editing options to get the file size down as I'm using a 22+ widescreen and it's always far too big.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:55 PM

well, you will always get better video quality if you resize tables/capture at the desired size, but if need be, virtualdub is indeed what you want for such transforms.

I'd avoid resizing and recompress with 2-pass divx/xvid+MP3 or something, that should get the file size down significantly with little loss of quality.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

AMD X2 3800+ with 2GB oldschool DDR-RAM on a Asus A8N mobo...

[/ QUOTE ]
Well that surprises me, would have thought any X2 would have been up to the job - maybe CamStudio is only able to do one core, thus your 3800+ was similar in performance to my 3000+.

I doubt you will have any problems with the quad - it is an intel, right? you haven't found an early AMD quad?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have thought my current CPU would do the job as well... It is so far out, that I need an extremely muscular PC to play goddamn poker (and record it).

And yes, I have gone Intel this time.

Ars technica has a buyers guide, they update every other month. I have been using that the last few years for advice, since I have given up on following the hardware-market myself.

http://arstechnica.com/guides/buyer/guide-200708.ars/3

They currently recommended this motherboard and the Intel Dualcore or Quadcore for their "Hot rod"-solution.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:19 PM

hey guys, im trying to use camstudio to record playing. it comes out fine in windows media player but in VLC, divx etc it just seems to have audio with no visual success. it compresses with the Microsoft video 1 codec....anyone know how to edit this in any way with macs or like...at all so that i can send the file around and it can play in multiple players? Thanks.
Old 09-29-2007, 06:46 AM

ok guys, any help appreciated.. I've been messing around with this for a while now with limited success..

I downloaded camtasia trial version a while ago and it's worked fine with a short ..say 1 min session... but when i tried to do say 30 mins when i click save the whole thing froze up... I left it over night but no success and had to end the process manually... i've tried this several times but the same thing happens... any ideas?

I then tried the free camstudio... the video comes out fine but the audio is way out of sync