Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2007, 11:34 PM

Default Re: nl200 fropped a frush vs. unknown

[ QUOTE ]
well played now fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Between cold calling your reraise on the flop and just minraising you on the turn its pretty clear he doesnt want you to go away. I think this is a def fold until you get a read on his minraise.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well played now fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah for real
Old 09-17-2007, 12:10 AM

These folds suck. I guess you gotta though.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
THere is no chance villain has AcKx?

[/ QUOTE ]

its very unlikely that he wouldn't reraise with AK PF, so the chances of AcKx are very unlikely.

I'm not sure why so many posters jump to put people on TPTK when based on the PF action it makes no sense. the other day there was a post with a Jack high flop and people were insisting AJ was the majority of the SB's range (who completed after it was folded around to him) - that just doesn't make sense

also, Ac2x is indeed a possibility. but thats one of the only things we are ahead of, and other 2s don't make sense.

just for the record - we are only a 60% favorite against Ac2x
Old 09-17-2007, 01:10 AM

if it's completely readless, BB definitely shows up with AxKc sometimes
Old 09-17-2007, 01:38 AM

I had the same happen to me yesterday, luckily villain was short so my decision was not that hard

he showed QQ for a flopped set/ turned boat and he just called a 4xBB pfr too.

I also got owned by a player who cold called a CO minraise pf with AQ in the SB

so AK, KK is in his range here too - although the KK is less likely
Old 09-17-2007, 01:46 AM

I don't particularly like the turn bet here. The guy check/flat-calls a 3-bet on the flop, really bizarre/strong, then checks again after the board pairs. I guess you want to charge the naked A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] but it's a bizarre line for him to take with that holding and I think you are crushed here way too often. So let him draw if he's drawing then make a crying call on the river I guess on a blank, or just show it down.

As played, sigh and fold.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't particularly like the turn bet here. The guy check/flat-calls a 3-bet on the flop, really bizarre/strong, then checks again after the board pairs. I guess you want to charge the naked A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] but it's a bizarre line for him to take with that holding and I think you are crushed here way too often. So let him draw if he's drawing then make a crying call on the river I guess on a blank, or just show it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the turn bet is fine. There's still lots of value to be had from KxQc type hands that make up a lot of his range and that unknowns will call multiple barrels with. It sucks hero got minraised but I still think a bet is necessary.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the turn bet is fine. There's still lots of value to be had from KxQc type hands that make up a lot of his range and that unknowns will call multiple barrels with. It sucks hero got minraised but I still think a bet is necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon now. KxQc? That's a reach, and there are 3 of those hands, vs. how many higher flushes and sets?
Old 09-17-2007, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon now. KxQc? That's a reach, and there are 3 of those hands, vs. how many higher flushes and sets?

[/ QUOTE ]

How else would an unknown play that type of hand on the flop? Note I'm not saying it's a big part of his range following his turn minraise, but when it's hero's first action on the turn I think one-pair+FDs or even just FDs is just as big of a part of his range as sets and higher flushes.