Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 06:56 AM

Default Re: Flop decision

[ QUOTE ]
BTW I am c/c'ing this flop 100%

[/ QUOTE ]

Intersting. I bet 100%, but I guess I need to reconsider. This has something to do with ur small pot philosophy? Remember that you from time to time has tried to teach us small pot play. Basically you are inducing a bluff from a LAG in a small pot? >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t; hand protection?
Old 10-26-2007, 08:20 AM

The pot is tiny. So we want to focus on getting bets into the pot and not winning the pot.

As you say protection matters less in small pots.

Basically its my belief and experience that people who limp will bet with more worse hands than they will call with.

If I check here I expect one of the limpers to bet any2 cards. If I bet I expect them to fold some of those hands they would have bet.

Also, checking prevents what happened in this hand. Now the pot has grown larger and Hero is getting commited to a SD - based on the responses so far. Had hero just c/c the flop he could have folded the turn much easier. At least it will be more correct or less of a mistake

IMO its a mistake to play too aggressive in small pots. Try and get people to bet ther K high 3 outers for you instead. The limper who has position will in particular be prone to put in a bet when checked to. When the guy who hasnt got position bets its usually a stronger range
Old 10-26-2007, 09:31 AM

Getting 7:1 (i think) with worst position, an overcard and Reverse Imps, I find a fold here.

Edit: Yea...why are we betting out here, c/c makes this an easier decision
Old 10-26-2007, 09:35 AM

oink,
you never c/r the Q7 here? imo the board is drawy enough that you will get a ton of hands to go to the river with you anyhow and that q kicker is prob just good enough that it doesn't mind making a big pot.

If you had 76 I would agree completely about c/c'ing. Not really sure where the cutoff is--maybe 9/T kicker?
Old 10-26-2007, 09:54 AM

I dont c/r here.

but I am not religous about c/c'ing. If I am not c/c'ing I am c/r'ing.

To be honest I am not sure and it depends on the action. If the last guy bets I would just call since too often I will shut the third guy out and the flop bettor will fold on the turn. If I just call I will sometimes get bets in on the turn.

But yeah. If we can get both of them to call 2 on the flop and 1 on the turn with draws it would be huge!
Old 10-26-2007, 10:19 AM

I sometimes check call this flop too, but I thought it was a good board to get value out of because my kicker was good. A lot of draws are going to call here (the button will call with A high no draw.) I never thought about folding unless some draw completing cards came in. The aggressive player can have a lot of draws here. I briefly considered raising here because he has so many draws that I beat and the other player is padding, but I didn't see the value in it. Anyway, the aggressive player took a free card on the turn, the river bricked, and I checked to him to try and induce since his hand was face up, but it ended up getting checked through. I probably should have bet though because the button might call down with A high at this point.

If you're sitting UTG here with a draw that you think is worth about 9 outs, what is your play when a player like me bets this flop?
Old 10-26-2007, 10:21 AM

I would never ever raise
Old 10-26-2007, 10:23 AM

I check the flop here and assess the action. usually calling a bet, but maybe I should be c/r more

his flop raise was bad. the pot is tiny and his raise shuts out the LP from padding the pot

don't check the river, he's not going to bluff into a 3 way pot (esp with a LP) when his hand is face up
Old 10-26-2007, 01:08 PM

I probably check here with the intention of raising if the LP player bets and calling if the MP player bets. This is my normal line, and i'm trying to reevaluate what the best play actually is. I think good arguments can be made for each play that isn't c/f.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call and reevaluate. Check/raise if you improve. I'm check/folding most turn cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer this line too. I only continue if the turn is a blank and/or if I know that the LAG doesn´t fire three bullets with a worse hand. I would hate to put in a bet on turn and then face a tough decision on river.