Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2006, 03:04 PM

Default Re: limit hold em at foxwoods

2/4 horse at foxwoods
lol Iv never seen Horse offered at foxwoods for less then 20/40
Old 08-05-2006, 03:09 PM

I've never seen "R" offered at all in rotation -- usuall HOSE, SHOE, HOE, or some other permutation.

But maybe I've overlooked it since I don't play those stakes.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The games are soft....

Play the 4-8, almost just as soft except you'll see about 12,000 more hands because most people know the rules of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

2/4 is like the beginners table .15/.30 on party poker.

In 4/8 the players are still loose (playing any ace, suited jacks, etc.), but generally more aggressive. Checkraising the river when improving is pretty standard and you'll see occasional semi-bluffs on the turn. You might have to do some thinking.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:05 PM

Exactly, I don't get the people who say the $2/4 is just like the $4/8. Perhaps they're implicitly saying that both are so far beneath them that it doesn't matter, but the $4/8 is as you said -- not tough, just tougher.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never seen "R" offered at all in rotation -- usuall HOSE, SHOE, HOE, or some other permutation.

But maybe I've overlooked it since I don't play those stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they have an open table and extra dealers, they'll let us do it every now and again and it's just for fun. The last time, the 1st 2 hands of HE were straddled, blind 3-bet and blind 4-bet before the deal. It slowed down during the other games as most of the guys don't play any of the other games well.

We also have to explain to the dealers how to deal Razz. Heaven help us if we ever add 2-7 triple draw to the mix.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:10 PM

toymac, welcome in advance to the woods. I play 2/4 and it is soft. Be prepared to get sucked out, don't "think" too much (that is one of my problems at this limit). You will see all kinds of crazy crap.

During the weekdays you will see mostly the retirees, and regulars, some tourists. The weekends are a little looser.

I will be there this Friday at about 7AM, I'll give a "sup bro" to the table when I arrive.

Good luck,
Me
Old 08-05-2006, 10:18 PM

Wow, back when I played mostly $2/4, I thought I was the only one.

C'mon over to the $1-2NL dark side. Like printing money. Not that $2/4 isn't, it's just there's more variance and the rake is a little bigger factor.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:41 AM

Thanks for the invite Lord Vader, but I am a newbie (about 1 year of hold'em), and the bankroll is small. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Peace,
Mygtar
Old 08-06-2006, 11:58 PM

I've seen some aggressive 2/4 tables at foxwoods. Try to get a feel for the action when you first sit down. If more than 3~4 players are folding preflop, you should probably stand up and go shopping for a better table.

My general rule of thumb is to stay away from any table with more than a few young guys.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:21 AM

There certainly can be loose-aggressive tables, and occasionally just very aggressive players. The hyperaggressive players I've seen at $2/4 were just so bad and had so little concept of correct bluffing frequency that you could just isolate, call them down with pocket treys each time, and take their money. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Of course there are some talented beginners who are still learning the game, I'm sure, but mostly the aggression is of the "What the hell! May as well cap it with my 7-6-suited," variety.

Be prepared for swings in those sorts of games, but when your AA holds up, you will win a very nice pot that makes up for a whole lot of frustration. You can probably table change to a more passive game that would be slightly lower EV and lower variance.

Oh, wait. What am I saying? AA never wins. Many Foxwoods $2/4 regulars have assured me of this fact.