Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 12:59 AM

Default Re: Attn Iron, re: Nielso

I care what you think tuck.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2007, 01:10 AM

bring him back. he's a SSNL reg who posts a decent amount. while some of his strat posts are a bit...different, i still think he contributes.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:30 AM

Nielsio is a raving lunatic. He gives my forum a bad name and that's saying something. I have no idea how he could possibly muster up enough critical thinking ability to make a decent strat post. I'll admit I'm a losing NL player but if this is your idea of good strat posting I don't know what to say.

Anyway, this has been a long time coming. When you hear about how "Politics is unreadable" or how it's "full of trolls" (I disagree with these assessments), it only seems like that because Nielsio is a one man forum wrecking crew. He's the same way in SMP. Half of the posters have him on ignore, the other half complain about him. He sucked at BBV as well. One guy even made a celebratory avatar when I banned him.

The only thing I regret about this is that I didn't grow a pair sooner. Instead, I built a case against him which you see in his mod notes. I'm proud of this ban, I almost giggled when I pulled the trigger. I will never overturn this ban.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nielsio is a raving lunatic. He gives my forum a bad name and that's saying something.

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you hate freedom
Old 09-13-2007, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When you hear about how "Politics is unreadable" or how it's "full of trolls" (I disagree with these assessments), it only seems like that because Nielsio is a one man forum wrecking crew.

[/ QUOTE ]
Let's just assume this is true. Will his banning make the other forum trolls more tolerable, and some weird Shiite-Sunni truce take hold? Can we expect BluffTHIS! and Borodog to be making out on the next cover of US News and World Report? Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nielsio is a raving lunatic. He gives my forum a bad name and that's saying something.

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you hate freedom

[/ QUOTE ]
It's Nielsio's fault. Seriously.

[ QUOTE ]
Let's just assume this is true. Will his banning make the other forum trolls more tolerable, and some weird Shiite-Sunni truce take hold?

[/ QUOTE ]
Nielsio is in the majority of my threads pissing people off. I put the odds of this at about 50%.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:55 AM

Whilst I know he is bad in the Politics forum, he is an excellent strat poster and I think a temp ban is best here. I have read some of his posts and they are not much different than any other politics troll.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:59 AM

Did you read his notes? He's been warned, banned and *ed over and over. He's not a troll, he is just trapped in his own delusions and no temp ban can snap him out of it.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:08 AM

OK Iron, you expressed your hate for him nearly a year ago in the mod forum thread you linked. So, you've had a long time to do something about this guy.

You've built your case: you've warned him twice in the past for "hyperbole."

And then, just waiting for your opportunity, you break out the boomban jackhammer when you catch him for "extreme hyperbole"

This seems like a huge joke to me. If this guy is a tool/troll in Politics, fine ban him. If he's ruining the forum and being a prick all the time, fine ban him with cause. If he's stepping over the line all the time, I can't help but think you could find an offense worthy of permaban. Because the thread where he was ultimately permabanned is not worthy of permaban.

That's my point. Nothing permabanworthy in that thread. If he's a lifetime idiot in Politics, as you say, ban him. But, do it when he steps over the line.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:10 AM

fwiw, Nielso agrees to not post in Politics anymore if he can have his old account back.