Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2006, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Results

I need to play more sats. This is a no brainer fold.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:57 PM

Default Re: Monster monthly Kings on the bubble

One more question...how do you figure seat is worth 2000-4000.. Please elaborate on Math you used for this calculation. Forexample, How many players max are they letting into Final, and what is projected Prize Pool..can figure this out by looking at how long they ran promotion for to-date, and how much from seed money the final grew to.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:12 PM

8000 players in Grand Finale, $30-$40 million prize pool based on how it's currently progressing.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:32 PM

Because there's still 1031 players left and only 31 have to go out, how short do you need to be to play a hand at all?

Seems like you could just stall your way to the seat . . . (they weren't playing hand for hand were they???). Given the size of the field, there's gotta be 31 other idiots who don't get this stuff out there and are short stacked . . . .
Old 09-25-2006, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because there's still 1031 players left and only 31 have to go out, how short do you need to be to play a hand at all?

Seems like you could just stall your way to the seat . . . (they weren't playing hand for hand were they???). Given the size of the field, there's gotta be 31 other idiots who don't get this stuff out there and are short stacked . . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to be almost down to less then 1.5 bb's to bother playing a hand at that point. They were dropping at a rate of about 1 player every 10-20 seconds. Many of these players who got knocked out weren't short stacks either, I am sure there were other big pair vs. big pair confrontations or huge stack stealing blinds (cause they could and should) vs medium stack with big pair confrontations.

This weekly and monthly monster qualifiers are not to be played as regular tournaments. They require a special strategy.

The weekly is a Foldament where you can literally fold your way in to the monthly if you steal a few blinds early on.

The monthly is a Stallament where you play poker for a while, build a stack and then keep an eye on the rate that people are dropping out while you stall and fold your way into the Grand Finale.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
8000 players in Grand Finale, $30-$40 million prize pool based on how it's currently progressing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are they maxing it at 8000 players ???
Old 09-25-2006, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are they maxing it at 8000 players ???

[/ QUOTE ]

8 monthly's - 1000 players from each
Old 09-25-2006, 03:49 PM

I played in the weekly and I think you have to accumulate more than "a few blinds" to being able to fold into the monthly.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:54 PM

the push means the sb is shot and the call means the bb is shot. They both had enough to get to the money and with that structure that's all that counts.

I had a similar situation. I had about 17k with blinds 3-6k in CO-1. I had QQ and decided to push because I didn't think I could make it to the money. I think there was 100 to go. I really wanted to fold even know I doubt I was getting called. But if I did I was in big trouble.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played in the weekly and I think you have to accumulate more than "a few blinds" to being able to fold into the monthly.

[/ QUOTE ]

These few blinds need to be accumulated when they means something.. ie. 100-200 or bigger. You also can pick spots where u get folded to on teh button and have 2 smaller stacks in the blinds. They need to fold to your agression unless they pick up BIG hands. Play smart and fold all kinds of hands early and you will get there. A case can also be made for seeing lots of flops early in hopes of doubling up with some kind of flopped nuts. Then you can def go to sleep.