Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Re: August\'s Baseball & Swimming Thread

[ QUOTE ]

How was your trip, Katy?

[/ QUOTE ]

My trip to Michigan and Chicago was really fun. I will try to post some pictures tomorrow if I can get them together. I wish I had taken more pictures of scenery and less of food items. Basically I had a blast and I'm sorry it came to an end. Chicago is just awesome.

I was thinking of doing a thread on vacation stress. My family seems to be an expert in that area. We annoy the hell out of each other [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. I need some good solid tips on how to vacation with the family while maintaining my sanity. There have to be some experts out there who know about this stuff.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

How was your trip, Katy?

[/ QUOTE ]

My trip to Michigan and Chicago was really fun. I will try to post some pictures tomorrow if I can get them together. I wish I had taken more pictures of scenery and less of food items. Basically I had a blast and I'm sorry it came to an end. Chicago is just awesome.

I was thinking of doing a thread on vacation stress. My family seems to be an expert in that area. We annoy the hell out of each other [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. I need some good solid tips on how to vacation with the family while maintaining my sanity. There have to be some experts out there who know about this stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice I have a vacation from work scheduled at the end of the month so maybe I can get some pics of what all I do and give you all one of my famous trip reports! Glad you had fun Katy and I look forward to the pics.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:36 AM

So, I am challenging myself to a quest of insanity. For fiscal reasons, I will attempt to play 100,000 hands this month. Wish me luck. The real reason is that I finally got a new computer after one year and I am excited to see how far I could go with it. I said I would make 6 figs this year, and I am a little behind.

To make it easier, I will be running 3 tables of 6 max and one table of heads up, all limit.

Wish me luck, especially if you play against me.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:26 AM

That's truly ridiculous. Even maintaining 100 hands/table-hr, you're looking at 250 hours of doing this in a month? 8.3 hrs/day, every single day, including weekends? Good luck, dude. You will need it. Stakes?
Old 08-03-2007, 10:49 AM

12-table, you could do it in 10 days then
Old 08-03-2007, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

How was your trip, Katy?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh. I always find myself way more stressed out coming home from vacation. I find it to be gogogogogo the whole time - but that's probably because we're not really beach people. When we vacation we try to cram in as much as possible, and then end up tired and cranky towards the end of the trip.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
12-table, you could do it in 10 days then

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, when I used to 8-table, getting in 4k hands wasn't a thrill, but very doable. 100k hands in a month is a good number, but not crazy over the top.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

How was your trip, Katy?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh. I always find myself way more stressed out coming home from vacation. I find it to be gogogogogo the whole time - but that's probably because we're not really beach people. When we vacation we try to cram in as much as possible, and then end up tired and cranky towards the end of the trip.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly the kind of vacation I really don't enjoy at all. I know lots of people say it's the only way to go on vacation, and you're crazy to waste time doing it any other way, but I like to come back from vacation happy and rested, not boggled and irritated with a checklist of a whole bunch of things I only barely spent any time seeing and almost none enjoying.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:08 PM

Yeah, we've learned our lesson. Even though I'm not thrilled with the idea of sitting around on a beach all day - next time we have to find a happy medium.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's truly ridiculous. Even maintaining 100 hands/table-hr, you're looking at 250 hours of doing this in a month? 8.3 hrs/day, every single day, including weekends? Good luck, dude. You will need it. Stakes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yesterday, I did 4k. I am planning to play about 11 hours a day, six days a week, probably taking Monday off or something.

I will be starting off small, and work my way up and up, my wr is >3.

I could post weekly graphs, I guess.
Closed Thread