Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2007, 11:54 PM

Default Re: Villain is awful

[ QUOTE ]
3rd took guts. That's the right play against most players I'd think, but I'd be much happier with a better pair so you don't get overcarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Third isn't a standard play for me on third but I liked it here. Against a normal Ace complete I just fold, against any other card I sometimes reraise, sometimes call, sometimes fold. This guy was too terrible to not play here though, and with an Ace complete+2 bets I was very confident this pot would be HU.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:27 AM

Unless original raiser is a bit of a maniac, I'm not really fond of the reraise. Of course, if I decide to play the 55A, I'm raising, but I guess I question playing it in the first place under most situations.

After 3rd it's all pretty automatice, given the cards that fell. The river is a clear value bet. You've very likely got the whole pot. I don't see many hands that can raise you, but he's going to bet anything that beats you if you check - so don't give him a free showdown.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:53 AM

i def value bet the river and i def think you should play this on 3rd unless youre certain villain isnt just stealing, then its fairly close but i still play it because you say hes awful.