Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Time to leave Ultimate Bet?

[ QUOTE ]
It's time to get the hell outta dodge.

First, they began charging US players a portion of their rakeback, which sucks.

Second, their bad beat jackpot tables take away 50 cents from every raked hand, which sucks.

Third, 90%+ of the tables at my limit are bad bead jackpot tables, which sucks rhino.

Fourth, they have very fast software and poker ace prefetching, which attracts the talented amateurs, which sucks.

Fifth, they are (or at least were back when I was a member) prominently featured in the cardrunners website, which attracts talented amateurs to come over to UB, which sucks.

Is it just me or has UB just gone totally downhill in recent days?

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be just me, but for me it's one of the most profitable sites I play on ...
Old 09-29-2007, 04:16 PM

UB SUCKS BALLS! im never playing there again. theres more rocks there than on a fu.cking beach.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:06 PM

weird, according to pokersitescout, there hasn't been much letdown in traffic, i would have thought the effects of the last several months would have been felt by now...

either way, get off that site OP, better late than never like it was said
Old 09-29-2007, 06:52 PM

UB gets forced to the front when its my turn to act and the chat box is given focus. When I am playing and chatting it really tilts me.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UB gets forced to the front when its my turn to act and the chat box is given focus. When I am playing and chatting it really tilts me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I have 4 tables open and 4 hand history windows open, so whenever a hand ends or its my turn to act, my typing is interrupted. Incredibly annoying especially when im making notes on people and i accidentaly type the note into the chat box and show everyone my opinion on the guy who just rivered me [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2007, 08:33 PM

UB has been profitable today. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I guess that's because you nits have stopped playing there. Good. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Lol
Old 09-29-2007, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's time to get the hell outta dodge.

First, they began charging US players a portion of their rakeback, which sucks.

Second, their bad beat jackpot tables take away 50 cents from every raked hand, which sucks.

Third, 90%+ of the tables at my limit are bad bead jackpot tables, which sucks rhino.

Fourth, they have very fast software and poker ace prefetching, which attracts the talented amateurs, which sucks.

Fifth, they are (or at least were back when I was a member) prominently featured in the cardrunners website, which attracts talented amateurs to come over to UB, which sucks.

Is it just me or has UB just gone totally downhill in recent days?

[/ QUOTE ]

I play 25NL and the competition is weak. I think the weakest at that level of any US friendly site. That being said, all of your other complaints are valid.

And I'll add this: the customer service absolutely sucks. I just get this "this is the way it is and you'll like it because you can't do anything about it" type attitude when I call.

When I initially signed up I couldn't get money in my account with my debit card so a friend transferred me $300.00 from his account. They told me I couldn't get a sign up bonus because this transfer was not really a "deposit". OK, no problem...

So I turn it into $850.00 and now want to cash out a couple hundred and transfer back my friend his $300.00. "Sorry, because you have not made a 'real' deposit yet you are not authorized to transfer or withdrawl ANY funds."

So I had to go buy a prepaid Visa ($50.00) for $4.95 just to get some of my winnings back. I get wary of sites when it seems like they really try not to let you get your money.

That makes sense, right?
Old 09-29-2007, 10:22 PM

The lag that started since the update is killing me. Just ridiculous. I'm pretty sure the jackpot counter in the lobby is the reason for the lag problems, it seems to keep pausing and just slows everything else down. I wrote an email to UB about it but meh. I'd be curious if there were still problems after removing the counter.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:50 PM

Hmm, interestingly I have had no such lag problems. I usually 4, sometimes 5 table, and it seems to run the same for me. Of course, I do still occasionally get frozen with the wait list thingy.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, interestingly I have had no such lag problems. I usually 4, sometimes 5 table, and it seems to run the same for me. Of course, I do still occasionally get frozen with the wait list thingy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no lag at all. I think it is because I have not updated UB since last December (? i think) (I moved the update.exe out of the UB folder)

Remember when an update changed the hand history process. The hand history would only let you save 10 hands or something. I am still using the version from before that update.

And as I recall there are versions of that old UB software available somewhere (if you still want to play there)