Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Stars FPPs

There is nothing to imply that they would entertain the option of buying something under $3000. They might my impression is that they wouldn't since they don't want to encourage a large number of people ordering inexpensive items causing them added costs. It is just a pain which is why they choose to have a limit.

Regardless even if they were to do this it would still be better to just buy a bonus coupon and clear it and then use those funds. The value per point would probably be better and you wouldn't need to go though a time consuming process of requesting compensation for a special item.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:21 PM

Henry17 doesn't know what he is talking about.

Stars is willing to prorate some items.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:28 PM

I'm just going by what their site says. If they do prorate items it does not say so anywhere on the site. It actually surprises me that they do. It seems like a lot of extra hassle.

Regardless it still doesn't make sense to go though that option when it is much easier and a better deal to just take the bonus cash.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:28 PM

more time-consuming to clear the $1500 bonus then to send them a receipt.

concierge is typically 1.6 cents per FPP vs. 1.5 cents for cash bonus. If the pro-rate is worse than 1.6 then that is obviously something to take into consideration.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:34 PM

Well he wouldn't need to clear the $1500. He'd need to clear one $650. Plus he'd still have $150-200 to spare for his effort.

The assumption that someone who has made supernova would play enough to clear that in under two weeks just by normal play seems like a very conservative time frame. Clearing a bonus = no extra work. Dealing with people at PokerStars despite their great customer service is still more effort.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well he wouldn't need to clear the $1500. He'd need to clear one $650. Plus he'd still have $150-200 to spare for his effort.

The assumption that someone who has made supernova would play enough to clear that in under two weeks just by normal play seems like a very conservative time frame. Clearing a bonus = no extra work. Dealing with people at PokerStars despite their great customer service is still more effort.

[/ QUOTE ]

He would be an idiot to get the $650 bonus when he could get the $1500

seriously, stop giving advice in a thread you know absolutely nothing about

OP, contact pokerstars, you can concierge items that cost less than $3K and they will prorate the the FPP points. The stars VIP guy has said they've even done this for some guy who wanted a $15 auido CD, heh.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:45 PM

of course they would clear it fairly quickly.
But you get it cheaper via concierge.

Your previous point was that it's time-consuming to send a receipt. If that's somehow a problem then having to clear the bonus should be even worse.

Obviously the $650 cash-bonus isn't nearly as good a value.

Also - I'm guessing that if you wanted to set up a concierge purchase for an IPhone + Activation + 1 year of service paid in advance Stars might consider doing that.

Your posts about this are kind of strange.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:00 PM

I missed that concierge was 0.001 more per point. I have never used the service. So yes I was wrong that it is a better deal. I had worked out the cost of listed items before and the reverse was true.

I still maintain that it is less effort though and that the roughly $25 in added value based on your numbers is hardly worth it. Calling someone, mailing something, going to the post office. It is a hassle and would probably take longer.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:11 PM

Henry17, you sure are getting around the Zoo a lot lately. Your high number of posts make me think of two possibilities:

1) You're a real helpful guy, trying to contribute.

If so, thanks for joining in. However, I can't help but notice that a good number of answers seem to be on topics that you don't really have that much personal knowledge about. This seems to lead to uncertain answers, and a few times now have devolved into arguments about the smallest points. Perhaps you should take a pass on a few of these topics? There's plenty of threads where I have an idea what the answer might be, but I know that others here will know more, so I leave it alone. There's probably more than a few times that I have answered when I shouldn't have, as well. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

2) You're building up your post count to boost your rep for whatever reason.

Don't.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume it's the former of the two. I don't want to discourage you from participating here, and I hope I don't come across as too condescending...I'm far from perfect with my posts. I just thought it might be an idea for you to think twice before replying in some threads.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:12 PM

If you purchase it over the internet then I suspect you can just forward the e-mail of the receipt.

Concierge is worth 0.1 cents more than the $1500 cash bonus.
But it's worth 0.3 cents more than the $650 cash bonus.

$$/FPP :

Concierge at 186k FPP's for $3k = 1.61 cents
One assumes that pro-rated items less than $3k are in the 1.6 cent range also

$1500 cash-bonus = 1.5 cents
$650 cash-bonus = 1.3 cents