Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2007, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Gus is stuck 4m?

[ QUOTE ]
is he even a winner in the biggest games? i know he gets killed online.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's up 414k this month in PL Omaha
Old 01-24-2007, 05:47 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
From what I have seen he doesnt appear to be that down online- Im I super wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. He is in fact up online. The stats clearly show that.

Like Greenstein says in the circuit interview that Jourdain mentions, Gus just isn't the type who is going to let god and every man know whenever he is winning. He is too modest and laid back for that.
Greenstein also said that at the moment for an example HE owes GUS 300k which of course is completely standard and certainly doesn't mean that Barry is busto or anything. It's just the way things operate in that particular circle.

For some reason though, maybe because it's every tight player's secret wet dream, whenever Gus has, or sometimes hasn't even, had somekind of losing spell, it gets blown completely out of proportion.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
is he even a winner in the biggest games? i know he gets killed online.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's up 414k this month in PL Omaha

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, unless someone has stats...it looked like he was a winner online...
Old 01-24-2007, 07:14 PM

I heard he got hit by a bus.

and he had to pay a 4 million dollar settlement.

confirm/deny?
Old 01-24-2007, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gus just won 1.5 million in the aussie tourney and there hasnt been much of a big game going so i cant see how this is remotely true

[/ QUOTE ]
and how much of that money is going to backers and other people? how much does a guy keep who everyone says is in debt
Old 01-24-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I kept reading that on other forums. I assumed it was BS, but in the back of my mind, I thought it would have somewhat funny if it actually happened. You know, so long as he didn't die or get permanently crippled.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

and he had to pay a 4 million dollar settlement.

confirm/deny?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he got hit by Jerry Buss?
Old 01-24-2007, 11:29 PM

Lol.

In all seriousness though, if this was 3 or so years ago, then we could be discussing Gus being down a lot in the Big Game and getting staked.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't he lose $4,000,000 in the big game.... like 3 years ago?

[/ QUOTE ]

About the big games and the big money

RS: Here's a personal question that you don't need to answer if you don't want to. Last year at around this time (September), you were said to have gone broke in the "big game" at Bellagio. In fact, you were said to have owed some money to one or two players in that game. Is this true, and if so, can you explain how you have gotten back on your feet again so quickly?

GH: Basically, people just like to talk about what it is that the big players do - and the juicier the story, the better. It is true that I had a bad run, and that I lost fairly big. But according to some stories, I lost $12 million, when it was probably more like $2 million. What started the rumor was that I left Vegas. I had some business to attend to in Denmark, but it took a bit longer than expected, and for this reason, I couldn't attend the 2005 Series. And, yes, I indeed did owe a few hundred thousand, but that is nothing extraordinary within the limits that we play. So, when I got back, I paid, and that was it.

More gossip:

RS: In these big games, who do you think are the biggest winners? I have heard Patrik Antonius and David Benyamine; is this correct?

GH: No. In fact, despite being a good player, David is actually a fairly big loser in these games, mostly because there is too much difference between his winning and his losing game. Patrik Antonius is indeed a very big winner. I think this has to do with not just the fact that he is a great player, but also because he has gotten his education on the Internet. As is the case with Erik Sagström, another big winner, Patrik is basically playing on home territory, and this gives him a big edge on almost all of the good brick-and-mortar players, who only recently have made the transfer to online. While for the young Internet guys, everything comes naturally, I know I need to make some adjustments to the things I do now. For instance, I know that I have more trouble than they do with playing multiple tables, so if we all play in four or five games at the same time, this will be to their advantage. All in all, I have done quite decently, but not great just yet. Of course, it is a very streaky game - and I can only hope that soon I will catch one of those lucky streaks again.

http://www.cardplayer.com/cpeurope/article/16425
Old 01-25-2007, 06:49 AM

thats nothing gabe is stuck 14m