Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 11:51 PM

Default Re: Flat calling with QQ preflop

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really like any of these spots to flat with QQ, although that may be because you got really bad flops on all of them. That blind vs. blind one is a definite re-raise though, lots of value to be had with QQ in blind battles.

The thing I don't get about flatting QQ pre a lot is that when you cold call PF and then wake up on the flop, it's like you're over-representing your hand... say you flat and it comes J42r and you raise, you're basically representing a set, which is a bad thing because your actual hand has much less relative value so you tend to get action from much bigger hands.

Alternatively I guess you can just call down and under-represent your hand, but that seems sub-optimal.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the exact reason why i don't really care to be flat calling. Maybe its because of the bad flops today that i'm so anti-flat calling; anyone want to clarify how flat calling can be more +EV than raising?
Old 10-11-2007, 11:53 PM

Default Re: Flat calling with QQ preflop

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't really like any of these spots to flat with QQ, although that may be because you got really bad flops on all of them. That blind vs. blind one is a definite re-raise though, lots of value to be had with QQ in blind battles.

The thing I don't get about flatting QQ pre a lot is that when you cold call PF and then wake up on the flop, it's like you're over-representing your hand... say you flat and it comes J42r and you raise, you're basically representing a set, which is a bad thing because your actual hand has much less relative value so you tend to get action from much bigger hands.

Alternatively I guess you can just call down and under-represent your hand, but that seems sub-optimal.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the exact reason why i don't really care to be flat calling. Maybe its because of the bad flops today that i'm so anti-flat calling; anyone want to clarify how flat calling can be more +EV than raising?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol it isn't at all, anyone who says so is an idiot