Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2006, 09:25 AM

Default Re: How often is this a bluff

Whether it's a bluff or not is less of a question in my mind. A more pressing question for me is what hands can beat me. With that A on the board, you have to wonder if he had AA (given his PF aggression), hit a shet, and shoved. In either case, you're not a sheriff so I'd fold.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:11 AM

i call this all day. It could be KK/QQ AK/AQ/AJ or a lot of other combinations. a set is possible but not likely. hed probably want to slow play it.

I might consider checking the flop through to induce a bluff but vs this guy i think betting the flop and having him c/r all in is money especially if you have a read that he likes to do it.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He has been check raising out of position and taking down small and medium pots uncontested. He's been caught bluffing a few times

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like this guy likes to c/r bluff, and you're getting nearly 2:1. I'd say you're ahead often enough to make this call profitable.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hero is OOP and Villain has already checked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop: 5 8 A ($6.15, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $6.15, UTG+1 raises all-in $29.1, Hero ?.

looks like hero has position to me......

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, you're right. Hero is IN POSITION and Villain has already bet. I meant to say, you can't check to induce a bet from Villain on the flop because you're in position.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he meant irish position (first to bluff).
Old 10-19-2006, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hero is OOP and Villain has already checked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop: 5 8 A ($6.15, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $6.15, UTG+1 raises all-in $29.1, Hero ?.

looks like hero has position to me......

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, you're right. Hero is IN POSITION and Villain has already bet. I meant to say, you can't check to induce a bet from Villain on the flop because you're in position.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he meant irish position (first to bluff).

[/ QUOTE ]

also, I vote fold, your behind to anything but air here, and he's probably giving you credit for the ace if you've been playing tight.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:36 AM

Default Results

I was the villian in this hand and hand AKo. I wanted to see if my line would work often enough to make it +EV against his range.

When he reraised me my first thought was AA, KK, or perhaps QQ. I suppose he could have AK, but I thought it was unlikely. He had a PFR% of 9 and I could not remember any reraise from him before. He was very loose pre and not very good IMO. Not a fish by any means just not that good. He was getting lucky and had started playing like he might have felt a little invincible.

I had beed playing somewhat aggro and had been check raiseing OOP often. I thought about folding but decided to call. I guess I could of RR and folded to a push, but that didn't cross my mind.

When I hit the ace on the flop I thought that if I bet out and got raised I would have to go with the hand as he would have AK more times than he would have AA. And if he just called I wouldn't know if AA/AK was slowplaying me or KK calling a C-bet. If he folded then I would just be making a worse hand fold.

I decided to Ck/R all-in thinking he would call w/AA 100%, call w/KK ~30%, call w/QQ ~20%, fold AK ~30%. I was sure he didn't have 88 or 55 and that the only hand that I would loose to would be AA.

The play seemed sound at the time but in retrospect I think it's -EV all the way.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this. Also, what are some other ways you might play this hand.

Oh, of couse he had AA. If, he didn't I would have probably thought myself a genius and never posted this hand.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:47 AM

That's the thought process I was counting on.

BTW, where did you get your avatar? It's hilarious. Are those bunnies gang raping pinocchio?
Old 10-19-2006, 11:09 AM

i misread the hand, I thought you had AK, not KK. I probably fold here. The only reason I was willing to call before was because we had a lot of Aces dominated and possibly KK/AA. this is a fold though.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:34 PM

LOL...I bet it WAS AK up there initially

When I started reading this thread I thought a bunch of consistently good posters had gone nuts.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Results

Nothing? Just total spew huh?