Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2007, 10:36 AM

Default Re: You guys ever do this?

[ QUOTE ]
Going to showdown here is badddd. It's between doing this and check/calling here and check/folding the river or sometimes just check/folding here. c/c all 3 streets can't be right against a supposed reasonable player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Passively getting to showdown here is the same -EV play with PP's where the only river bets being paid off are usually by you when you're behind. I think OP's play is far from standard but the way to go when making a move.

Someone said KK-QQ is never folding there. A line of 3 betting pf, ch/c'ing an A high flop and c/r'ing the capper on the turn doesn't have FE? How'd you like to be holding QQ there? I think even a turn donk would make them wonder if they're beat.

That said, if they call it they're calling the river so betting again is pointless.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I tend to take the passive get to showdown route here, I have tried the turn c/r with poor results but sometimes i might do this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-31-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As long as this is absolutely the last bet you put into the pot, its ok sometimes.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-31-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Going to showdown here is badddd.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt say it was good - only that I have had poor results with Dave's line and slightly better results with a more passive line against opponents with similar stats. I still try it when I feel the time is right, small sample size could be the culprit.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2007, 07:16 PM

"A line of 3 betting pf, ch/c'ing an A high flop and c/r'ing the capper on the turn doesn't have FE? How'd you like to be holding QQ there? I think even a turn donk would make them wonder if they're beat."

My point was that if they decided to bet the turn with QQ-KK, it is usually with the intention of calling a raise. Usually they just check and get to showdown cheap.

A turn donk is ok every once in a while, but will get raised by a worse hand a little too often I think.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My point was that if they decided to bet the turn with QQ-KK, it is usually with the intention of calling a raise. Usually they just check and get to showdown cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the turn bet is committed to the river as often as you do and believe bet/fold is frequently in play.

Going back to the basic idea though, making the play is looking for a fold. You only make it if your read says it has a chance.