Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2006, 12:57 PM

Default Re: HSP3 Players Announced!

[ QUOTE ]
who are the 4 amateurs and why did they get to play??

[/ QUOTE ]
Brian Townsend is a poster on this forum (aba20) and has been crushing high stakes online recently. Not sure about the others.

This lineup sounds awesome. All of the returning players were interesting to watch or at least good, and they got rid of some of the boring or annoying players (Zeidman, Grey, Fillipi). The only names that stick out to me as missing from previous seasons are Gus, Freddy and Juanda. And of course, Ivey, Benyamine, Antonius, D'ags, aba and others are great additions.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This seems like an extensive list. Are they going to have 2 tables maybe? Seemed to me like last season most of the people got like 2 hands shown.

[/ QUOTE ]

2 tables would be a disaster. Part of the appeal of this show for a lot of us is the fact that we can see a bunch of non "all in" hands where post-flop play is at a premium. With 2-tables, they'd edit it down to a bunch of AA vs. KK type hands that play themselves, but are possibly more interesting to your average poker donk.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This seems like an extensive list. Are they going to have 2 tables maybe? Seemed to me like last season most of the people got like 2 hands shown.

[/ QUOTE ]

2 tables would be a disaster. Part of the appeal of this show for a lot of us is the fact that we can see a bunch of non "all in" hands where post-flop play is at a premium. With 2-tables, they'd edit it down to a bunch of AA vs. KK type hands that play themselves, but are possibly more interesting to your average poker donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

One table.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You make a good point. But as long as they kept everything about it the same I'd love to have 2 tables. Just make it 2 hours a night, 8 nights a week. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The only difference would be the different players.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes there is 2 tables
Old 10-12-2006, 03:26 PM

I miss Ted F.!!
Old 10-12-2006, 03:28 PM

I'm offended that Jamie Gold gets lumped in with pros while aba is listed with amateurs and internet players (as if internet players can't be pros). Those categories blow.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:35 PM

this is definitely a great list to see, best of luck to brian...it is annoying to see him lumped in the "amateur" list, but oh well...
Old 10-12-2006, 03:58 PM

Ivey will win all the money on the table, get nude, and roll around in it and somehow it will get on tv.. k thx bye
Old 10-12-2006, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes there is 2 tables

[/ QUOTE ]

He wanted to know if there were two tables AT A TIME. The answer to that question is no.