Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2006, 05:32 PM

Default Re: NL200 KK

Bet the flop, what are you doing?
Old 12-02-2006, 05:52 PM

I think the flop check is not too bad, but once he bets 20 why should we let him control the pot size?
I think a flop bet is standard and expect to make money from QQ, maybe AJs or if he decides to make a play with TT or something.
On the turn what hand do we think villain puts us on, so he will call with a worst hand? AK, smaller PP?
What happened in the end? This looks a lot like JJ.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:53 PM

raise a little bigger PF,since you are OOP, but as played it's fine,

bet flop, you have to do this, and even though he desn't have AA or JJ, the turn, QJ, KJ, AJ, JT, are also in his range.. bad card to push
Old 12-02-2006, 06:00 PM

@Truballa : the pot is $78 a 3/4PSR is $80 which would let me with $80, as calling this bet will commit him, he would either fold or push, I would be commited to call with KK if he pushes (i would have to call $80 for $240 pot). About the bet from my opponent for information... he cannot have AJ or QT here. In FR NL200 you don't raise those hands from EP and you don't call a reraise with it. You can see that at lower stake and at higher stakes (maybe I dunno).

@Tupacia : For the same reason I don't like a lead here when we are behind 99/JJ/AA and AK/AQ has only 3 outs. QQ might call a bet on the flop but TT/88/AK/AQ fold quite often. No better hand than us would fold here. I don't find what a bet achieve.

To all of you guy who are asking yourself why I though that I would not be able to fold to a push on the river if I called his turn bet. So I decided to C/R. I'm sure that's not a good idea now.