Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2007, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Best/Worst Date ideas and experiences

one thing I don't understand the is new fad of taking a girl shopping or running errands with you as a first date. I see this advice all the time and I guess I understand the principle of not trying too hard or whatever but surely a little bit of effort, say the amount required to go somewhere fun or that at least serves food is ok.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
one thing I don't understand the is new fad of taking a girl shopping or running errands with you as a first date. I see this advice all the time and I guess I understand the principle of not trying too hard or whatever but surely a little bit of effort, say the amount required to go somewhere fun or that at least serves food is ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like a sure way to put yourself in friendville right off the bat.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:24 PM

[censored], this is not a fad but rather an emerging behaviour trend in the gay community. As such it should be ignored by those interested in heterosexual dating experiences.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did this 4 years ago, wasn't really planned tho, just worked out that way as it was earlier in the afternoon than I expected. She's still sticking around, so it couldn't have been all that bad.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:52 PM

funny that nlsoldier's best/worst have both been with me, and aren't what i would consider my best or my worst.

worst date: i went to the movies with a guy who went to the local public high school, and he knew that i partied (he was in band), so he kept asking me to tell him about all of the "bad" stuff i did. it was so bad that i told him to take me home afterwards because i was tired (and he was very attractive, just soo boring). i didn't think the movies date was particularly awful, because as i told nlsoldier at the time, he was lucky i liked him.

best date:
i had met a guy at the grocery store - i saw him when he was waiting in line to check out and i was up the aisle, and i smiled at him and kept talking to my friends, and he like got out of line to tell me that i had the most fantastic smile he'd ever seen and if i expected him to leave the room without having at least tried to ask me out then i was a lot dumber then i looked. SO starting off on that note was great, and the next day (we were in VA Beach), i met him and his friend with one of my friends to go kayaking. he planned it perfectly in this area where there are a lot of dolphin sightings, and he took me out at sunset and there were dolphins everywhere - it was amazing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

lol nlsoldier my love, dinner was great that night too!
Old 02-04-2007, 11:59 PM

in my experience ive found that chicks love benihanas. but then again i almost exclusively date underaged community college girls.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:03 AM

First date when I was 16, got mega-mega lost trying to get to a midnight showing of Pink Floyd the Wall. Missed the first 45 minutes. On the way back got even more lost, in a spooky industrial area. Then the pea-soup fog suddenly rolled in. I think she was worried I was going to do something horrible to her. She pretty much bolted out of the car when we finally got to her house.

Probably the cutest girl I ever went out with. I think I'm still traumatized. Any first date I'm just waiting for the inevitable disaster. Is that normal?
Old 02-05-2007, 12:28 AM

I think KKF's advice is good, obviously I think date quality should reflect the type of person you are dating. Alot of 18-23yr old girls are basically still children why spoil them on a high end date when they would get the same rise from a casual date with good chat.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:43 AM

derrrr,

my advice is obviously tailored to:

1) i thought we were only talking about Valentine's Day
2) with a girl you're fairly seriously about
3) and have been with for a while
4) in chicago

(man i really wanted to say tailored to taylor, so i'll put it down here.)

c
Old 02-05-2007, 12:49 AM

Best/most successful date I've ever been on was with my now wife. It was in Los Angeles in 1998, right after the Getty opened in the Sepulveda pass. It was all over the news how the museum was booked for months, but they never made clear that parking passes were booked for months, but going in/out of the museum was totally unrestricted. So, I got a cab to drive us to the museum. FWIW, the museum's architecture and gardens were significantly more impressive than the collection, not sure if that's still the case. Then, dinner and a movie in Santa Monica, we saw "The Replacement Killers" and ate at the Border Grill. The movie sucked ass which gave us lots to talk and laugh about, and she pretended to not be a big eater at the restaurant (in retrospect, lol). All in all nothing too fancy, but the museum was creative because of the entry situation.

Second place was sophmore year of college. One of the older guys in my house's girlfriend's pledge daughter needed a date to a set-up dance. Little did I know that she had JUST broken up with the high school boyfriend and I was all set as long as I had a pulse.