Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 01:03 PM

Default Re: river fold?

Well, we don't know anything about villain, but generally hes range are very wide on the river here, but you still beat nothing but a pure bluff. I'm pretty sure you do best by folding here. I guess a raise is ok, but I would want more information on villain for that.

Ohh, and a raise pf is standard, atleast bet more on the flop (if you opt to bet) then 1/2 the pot if you're going to limp.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, we don't know anything about villain, but generally hes range are very wide on the river here, but you still beat nothing but a pure bluff. I'm pretty sure you do best by folding here. I guess a raise is ok, but I would want more information on villain for that.

Ohh, and a raise pf is standard, atleast bet more on the flop (if you opt to bet) then 1/2 the pot if you're going to limp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think my flop bet is a little small. But I dont' hate it because I have a diamond and an overcard.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:27 PM

Hero calls $2.00

?
Old 10-03-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no one folds a flush in bvb, which is what he is basically repping. If you don't think he has it, call, but I probably fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?

villain has a flush here <1% of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

I was only responding to the OP's suggestion of a river c/r due to him having the Ad.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was Villain, I could have the nut flush on the end. I usually don't check behind non-nut flushes though.

What do you think the Villain has that he value bets so strongly on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think baby flush that he was trying to extract max value out of by slowplaying a touch or a Qx that improved.

I really dont think he has anything else here tbh.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:43 PM

Your bet sizes confuse me, I have no idea where I am in this hand
Old 10-03-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero calls $2.00

?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's nl400 and i'm in the SB. I figured you knew as much. I mix up my BvB game. Villain will play alot of flops against me and play back at me on alot of flops. So I was trying to underrepresent my hand and was expecting him to raise my limp which I would call and then peel nearly any flop.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your bet sizes confuse me, I have no idea where I am in this hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Granted the flop bet is small but I don't think it's terrible given that I have a diamond and middle pair + my ace has to be good and a possible back door draw to the nut flush.

the turn bet is pretty good unless you think it's too small and Villain will raise me off my hand.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hero calls $2.00

?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's nl400 and i'm in the SB. I figured you knew as much. I mix up my BvB game. Villain will play alot of flops against me and play back at me on alot of flops. So I was trying to underrepresent my hand and was expecting him to raise my limp which I would call and then peel nearly any flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you figure A7o is a good hand to do that?
Old 10-03-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hero calls $2.00

?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And you figure A7o is a good hand to do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

We're nearly 200bb deep and they aren't suited. I'm not pysched about playing a big pot oop against an aggressive opponent who plays tricky. I'd rather play it passively and let him hang himself and play a small pot. Plus if I hit my ace, the villain will be less likely to put me on an ace.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:14 PM

After looking at the hand again this morning, I like a tiny blocking bet on the river ~$10 with the hope of being called by a worse hand or bluff raised by a pair turned into a bluff or value raised by the Villain, and then 3-betting a large raise which the Villain should fold with his entire range...

I think this maximizes EV against his entire range. But I'm not sure his weaker holdings on the river would be enticed to call with 4.5-1 odds? what do you guys think?