Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2007, 07:20 PM

Default Re: Ok some hands before bed.

a lot was said about what you thought of the villains, but what do they think about you? or were they oblivious?

do all these hands have a surprise ending to them?

hand 1 - the draw is deceptively weak...sure there is a flush draw with 2 overcards but your flush draw is only to a T high, there are 3 other opponents and the board is paired---i would play this as if i had 7 outs, enough to stay in, but not enough to lead the betting on the turn, check/call and if significant betting action shown here then i fold

hand 2 - ??? bluff check/raising on the turn with a gut shot and 1 overcard with 2 players still in the hand and one of them is the stupidest player in the world who is a calldown monkey and there is a flush draw out there to boot???

hand 3 - well, day-timer old guys like to sit around and play for the bonus hands: bad beat; straight flush; four of a kind; etc...so maybe he did not bet AKo preflop...still, i would have bet the river and called a check-raise--i like the going into the tank as a conjob to get a call or raise...does he think you are a lag-tard?

if your actions were the best in these hands then congrads, and i'd like some salsa to put on the crow i've got to eat!!!
Old 06-17-2007, 02:21 AM

In hand one I'm against two idiots who one of which put in 4 bets on two streets with a one card gutshot to the most obvious straight on the board, and another who's coldcalling with JT and peeling on Kxx rainbow boards.

I bet the turn, they both folded I screamed aaiiii yaaaahhhh or whatever and opened my hand up.

IMO hand two is the only *real* hand here though the river line in hand 3 is pretty tricky. I think a B/F is better after Xhad's reassurance -- and I think most nits would just lead a middle full there.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:25 AM

i have no comments on the hands, but i liked ur player descriptions

lolz people are so [censored] bad at this game, call down AKxyT flush river with JJ no bdfd off flop, raise AJo otb pre fold to a 3bet hahahaha
Old 06-17-2007, 03:34 AM

The board wasn't even that when he had JJ, it was wayyyyyyyyyyyy sicker, and when he turned his hand over I was so completely blown away, I just can't remember what it was.

Did you just raise fold preflop?
Yeah-- and he had me DOMINATED
But, you were getting 5:1
Whatever, you're ALWAYS right, whatever.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 06-18-2007, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the river line in hand 3 is pretty tricky. I think a B/F is better after Xhad's reassurance -- and I think most nits would just lead a middle full there.

[/ QUOTE ]

respectfully, i disagree for a couple of reasons...first, this is limit poker, so you risk is minimal...2nd, the game is tight, passive & you can be expected to raise light from 4 off the button, and the villain can also be expected to have a wider range for 3 betting pre-flop (his goal would be to fold out the bb & go heads up...while AK is usually the most common 3bet hand, the circumstances here say more hands would be three bet...thus you have a full house and are less likely to be up against a higher full house...btw, thanks for putting up the hands & salsa doesn't help the taste of crow it seems
Old 06-18-2007, 03:05 AM

Nits don't 3bet light out of the small blind, it just doesn't happen.

I'd see him folding 99 before he'd 3bet a hand like AT.