Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2007, 10:57 AM

Default Re: 200BB BR Challenge aka 5/10 or Busto!!

calldown from teh flop

gl on the challenge

Buzz
Old 05-05-2007, 11:14 AM

cap and call down.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:21 PM

Just call down.

[ QUOTE ]
Villain in this hand seemed somewhat on the laggy side of TAG but not enough hands to be really certain.

[/ QUOTE ]

This read does not give you license to treat him like he's a donk.

Capping will sometimes win you 1 SB extra, but will more often cost you 1.5 BB extra when you get check-raised on the turn by AT/TT, or lose you a fraction of a bet when the rake takes a little chunk and you split with AK.

Calling and raising the turn has the same problem.

If he has an ace and you just call here, he will bet every street. If he has KK-JJ and you just call, he'll interpret your play as a free card play with a flush and continue to bet into you. But if he has one of those cards, he's somewhat likely to wise up and get out.

If you want to raise somewhere, I recommend raising the river. This will tend to freeze him up a lot more when he holds a stronger hand (for fear that you rivered some random something), and you'll still get the same value out of all those other hands you would (except missed flush draws - but since you hold the K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is on the board, that's really unlikely).
Old 05-05-2007, 07:05 PM

Gib, congrats on the reaching PB status, the belated poohbah post and moving up in general. Goodluck letusgogogo
Old 05-06-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ongame 1/2 5max
4 handed

PF: Gib is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

<font color="red">Gib raises</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">BB 3bets</font>, <font color="red">Gib caps</font>, BB calls.

FLOP: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="red">BB bets</font>, <font color="red">Gib raises</font>, <font color="red">BB 3bets</font>, Gib?

[/ QUOTE ]
As played I called down my thoughts basically was his 3bet on the flop seemed very strong against my cap so I decided to look him up. I may of given him too much credit as I thought he'd know I wouldn't raise that flop after capping with anything weaker than AQ. Tho BBB said to me "this is 1/2 not 5/10" therefore ur general opposition @ 1/2 prolly isn't worrying too much what hand you've got or what they think you may think they have, etc. They will sometimes just play their hands on its own credit.

That said maybe I don't mind a flop cap, however I'm not a fan of waiting for another street unless you are prepared to fold (which I don't want to do against someone I haven't got much info on). The only other line I could see is just calling BB's first bet then popping the turn (we will have to call down if he 3bets) but I prefer that line if the action went: Gib raises, BB calls. Flop: BB bets.... This is a good line against someone who cannot fold but will slowdown if you raise the flop. However against someone who likes stop n go plays I will often raise the flop hoping for him to donk the turn due to the flush draw (but then again, I don't think this happens often on a A high board when I've raised PF).

Therefore I guess I don't mind either call down or cap flop/call down if he leads. Given the limit maybe capping is slightly better.

I'll be back on @ Ongame this week &amp; will bring updates as well as some more hands.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:04 PM

blind battles; meh
Old 05-07-2007, 08:03 AM

Tonight I put in my second session, tho as I was mainly only 2-tabling it took about 2.5 hrs to put this many hands in:

This gives me a total of:

My not so dazzling display of poker was enough to put Babar to sleep [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Hopefully this trend continues so with a couple more decent sessions I may be able to move up to 2/4. Currently the games have been pretty good with a nice combination of huge calling stations &amp; some lagfish. I hop around my tables a bit if the games go a little sour but so far I haven't had to do that too much.

Here's an example of what the fish r like there:

1/2 5max

PRE-FLOP
Fish calls $1, Gib bets $2, OTB folds, SB folds, BB calls $1, Fish calls $1.

FLOP [board cards 4D,QH,4C ]
BB checks, Fish checks, Gib bets $1, BB folds, Fish calls $1.

TURN [board cards 4D,QH,4C,QD ]
Fish checks, Gib bets $2, Fish calls $2.

RIVER [board cards 4D,QH,4C,QD,10S ]
Fish checks, Gib bets $2, Fish calls $2.

SHOWDOWN
Gib shows [ QS,JS ]
Fish mucks cards [ 2H,7H ]
Gib wins $15.70.

I'll be picking out some hands which I'll post a bit later.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:47 AM

Could you send that fish over? I might be able to beat someone like that... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2007, 07:23 PM

hey gib,

you're running what is almost exactly the BR strat that I've been using for the last year or so. My BR=exactly 250 bb, and i move up and down in stakes as appropriate.

GL on the way up. I've run both sides of that rollercoaster, and its a crazy ride on the way down. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2007, 01:54 AM

Tonight I'll be playing at around 6:30pm AU EST (4:30am US EST). If anyone's interested in doing a sweat send me a pm.