Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 05:02 PM

Default Re: The Well: Pudge714

[ QUOTE ]
How far will the Raptors go in the playoffs?

[/ QUOTE ]
If I had to bet. I would say they lose in round 2. Obviously I hope for better things.

[ QUOTE ]
Calderon or Ford?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ford. I would have said that at the beginning of the season, however when Ford came back from his injury I would have picked Calderon. Ford's best skill is his speed, coming off the injury he looked like he lost a step. I still like Ford despite the fact he leads the league in "No, No, No, Yes" plays.

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you play on stars as a canadian?

[/ QUOTE ]
When the legislation went through I was 17. It took me awhile to find an unmentionable affiliate on Party so I didn't create an account under my real name until that happened. Based on the peak hours of each site I need money on both sites and right now I don't have enough money online to have decent rolls on both sites.

[ QUOTE ]
Biggest sng downswing ever?

[/ QUOTE ]
This downswing occurred right after the switch. I was game selecting bad, playing bad, and on super tilt trying to play every possible MTT so I could win and get unstuck.
My tracker is going haywire. So I can't look, but I would guess it was something like $10k total. About $5k in SNGs $5k in MTTs.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:06 PM

brief poker story and any "Ah-ha!" poker moments?
Old 03-13-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Will SNGs still be a viable source of income in 2 years?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. Poker will always be profitable because people suck. Even if the edges get smaller people will adjust. Just because the games are tougher doesn't mean they are unbeatable. People always think the games are impossible. If you were to go back 2 years and tell people you have a 5% ROI at the $109s people would think you a mediocre to bad regular, right now you are a good regular.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Partypoker 215s and 109s softer or harder than pre ban?

[/ QUOTE ]
Never played the $215s pre ban, but and have only played like 200 Party sngs after the ban. That being said they are definitely softer. Before the ban almost all the $109s I played had at least 3 good 2p2ers. Right now there are like three guys on Party who aren't horrible. The one thing that sucks is that it is often difficult to get enough sngs running.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:48 PM

"Canadians: The Dumb Americans."

Discuss.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]
People are stupid in general. Canadians like to think Americans are full of stupid rednecks, but if you go to Rural Canada you will also have stupid rednecks. Canadians seem to have a giant inferiority complex with the US. They seem to think that everything Canadian is amazing and everything American is terrible. Obviously that is a gross over simplification.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]
People are stupid in general. Canadians like to think Americans are full of stupid rednecks, but if you go to Rural Canada you will also have stupid rednecks. Canadians seem to have a giant inferiority complex with the US. They seem to think that everything Canadian is amazing and everything American is terrible. Obviously that is a gross over simplification.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an awesome reply Pudge, in more ways than one. There is nothing more humorous than to be the lone US citizen in a room full of rural Canadians and some Brits watching the Canadians try to figure out who they are. And I don't mean that in a bad way - the same thing happens with a room full of US folks with a handful of europeans.

Excellent social commentary that could get you in a lot of trouble in the real world.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:44 PM

My brother lives in Brussels and wants to start playing poker, how old do you have to be to play on Party?
Old 03-22-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My brother lives in Brussels and wants to start playing poker, how old do you have to be to play on Party?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-13-2007, 05:18 PM

Why havent you sent me an HH? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]