Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 11:43 AM

Default Re: NL25 when c-bets donīt work (theory)

you cbet into 3 players w/ air at 25NL? ew

bluff less and value bet more.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you'll get a lot of value when you hit against people calling with dominated hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is exactly the problem you have in those loose, passive games: AQ, AJ might be good before the flop but even with the raise you will be mostly playing against 2 - 4 players. In these situations, AQ and AJ lose a lot of their value because they are mainly top pair hands with a good or decent kicker. BUT: top pair hands are more often than not not enough to win the pot is these special games, therefore raising PF does not have to much value...AQs and AJs are a little different and really should be raised, especially from LP. Reason: if you flop top pair with NFD or even BDFD, this increases the value of your hand a lot.

As an example: say you raise with AJ from MP and 2 player call behind you, which you know are very loose call and call raises liberally. Flop comes A76. You CBet and get raised. How do you continue here. In a normal game you might be afraid of bein outkicked or up against a set, but here there are even more threats, especially two pairs like 76 or A7 which could easily by in a loose players range. DUC what I mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but you can then get more in preflop to where you expect to be able to get the rest in profitably. However, if your opponents won't put a lot of money in with TPWK then you know their raise means more and you have an easy fold. In that case just raise the most amount that they will continue to call loosely and make money on their loose calls.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you cbet into 3 players w/ air at 25NL?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Against three I play fit or fold, against two Iīm tempted to give it a try c-betting, find out it doesnīt work, and find that AQ simply is a drawing hand here that misses flop ~64% of the time and makes a hand very vulnerable against a crowd. As for value betting one pair hands against a crowd, see other peoples replies above.