Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2007, 02:10 PM

Default Re: Joey Crawford versus Tim Duncan

[ QUOTE ]
Drew Devil,

The point is that refs handle Duncan wrong every year and every game. Usually refs just let Duncan do what he wants, he usually just lives by his own set of rules. Yesterday he bitched for literally an hour until he went to the bench, every time there was a timeout he would walk right by Crawford giving him an earful. Why doesn't Crawford T him up right there on the court and tell him that if he doesn't stop his bitching and moaning that he is going to ruin the game for the rest of his team by watching the game from the locker room...instead he lets himself get red in the face and then T's him up when Duncan is doing something less severe from the bench so then Crawford ends up looking like more of the ass than Duncan. This is the epitome of not knowing how to handle situations.

When there is a problem you end it right there. You don't let it linger so that when it explodes it is a big ol' mess. Plus, Crawford just uses his power to try and shut players up, this doesn't work. Refs need to talk to players and communicate better with them instead of ignoring them and then T'ing them when they won't shut up. Give him a technical and tell him to shut his f'ing mouth and play the game like it supposed to play or he is getting another and Duncan will shut up...but if you just ignore and let him chirp chirp chirp then when he gets a technical of course he is going to be shocked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really care if TD is shocked or not. If this little incident gets him to STFU for the playoffs, then bravo. This was a "meaningless" game and a good spot to let Timmay know that he should STFU. Let's hope he pay attention and doesn't just whine to the press.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:24 PM

Trust me, I hate watching TD bitch and moan just as much as the next guy, but that 2nd T was uncalled for. Hes laughing on the bench, come on man. JC doesnt have the balls to pull that move in a playoff game btw.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The tax thing has zero to do with what happened yesterday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't say it did. It has to do with the overall larger picture of Joey's lack of judgement/ethics/character that I presented. I'm not presenting a fair and partial case, I think Joey's a [censored] idiot.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:46 PM

I agree that it is frustrating watching TD bitch and moan like he does. His game is so fun to watch, but that's a big black mark for him.

That all said, JC acted like an 8 year-old. If you don't like a guy laughing with his buddies on the bench after the 15th terrible call you've made in the game, how about sucking it up, realizing that you're a ref that not a single person came to the arena or tuned in to ABC to watch, and then DON'T CALL A FOUL ON OBERTO FOR GETTING FLYING ELBOWED IN THE FACE BY JOSH HOWARD WITHIN THIRTY SECONDS OF YOUR TD TANTRUM.

Next time I pass a wishing well, I'm throwing in 2 coins, 1 for JC, and 1 for Steve Javie. Get them both out of the league....what a bunch of jokers.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:52 PM

For the record, I do think what Duncan was doing was pretty childish. It seems like he's gotten lamer as he's gotten older.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:35 PM

I wonder if there was a history between these two, or if it just a case of Duncan's bitching and Crawford's ego being a perfect storm.

I remember in game 5 of the 1995 WC Semis Jake O'Donnell (I think it was him anyway) ran Clyde Drexler in the first half with the Rockets down 3-1 in the series to the Suns. It was said that they had bad blood going back a long ways. Still, I'd be pissed if I was a Rockets fan and they lost that game and the series. As it turned out, they won that one and the next two and went on to win the title. Although if Crawford tossed Duncan in a game 7 and the Spurs went on to lose I'm not sure I'd feel so bad. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2007, 03:58 PM

What amazes me about Crawford is how many TV analyst hate this guy. I have heard so many different one comment on how Crawford ruins games because he feels the need to "take them over". TD is a bitch, but Crawford is a bitch that ruins games.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if there was a history between these two, or if it just a case of Duncan's bitching and Crawford's ego being a perfect storm.

I remember in game 5 of the 1995 WC Semis Jake O'Donnell (I think it was him anyway) ran Clyde Drexler in the first half with the Rockets down 3-1 in the series to the Suns. It was said that they had bad blood going back a long ways. Still, I'd be pissed if I was a Rockets fan and they lost that game and the series. As it turned out, they won that one and the next two and went on to win the title. Although if Crawford tossed Duncan in a game 7 and the Spurs went on to lose I'm not sure I'd feel so bad. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was Jake O'Donnell and I'm pretty sure I would have murdered him if the Rockets had lost.

Interestingly enough, he never worked another NBA game after that. The league quietly took him out of the playoff rotation and quietly let him go after the season.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that it is frustrating watching TD bitch and moan like he does. His game is so fun to watch , but that's a big black mark for him.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What amazes me about Crawford is how many TV analyst hate this guy. I have heard so many different one comment on how Crawford ruins games because he feels the need to "take them over". TD is a bitch, but Crawford is a bitch that ruins games.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a blog about something that happened with crawford in the past on the espn site....i'm not an "insider" so I couldn't read the whole thing. It just alludes to something he pulled a year ago, and how it's quite likely he gets yanked from the playoff rotation.