Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2007, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Last Night I Finally Figured it Out...

[ QUOTE ]
..Withdraw the troops immediately if not sooner as safely as possible. For those Democrats that advocate withdrawl in six months, why wait that long?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... I never understood this point either.

Alot of Reps, Dems, academics, and others that know a lot about world politics openly admit that it will take several more years to stablize Iraq.

Furthermore... I've heard more than one Democrat compare Iraq to Vietnam / S. Korea and say that we CANNOT get bogged down there for years... so what exactly are they planning to "accomplish" in 6 months???
Old 01-24-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
... It's like brandi hawbreaker losing tens of thousands of dollars or money that wasn't her own and then saying "well what's your plan to get it back?? huh?"
I'm reasonably sure if you go to each of the democratic presidential candidates website you will find out information and platforms. Don't just plug your ears and say well whats your plan when you obviously have an internet connection and can find out tons of info.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO... I think you are missing my point here.

I'm not trying to be ignorant and tow the Republican line. However, I don't think your analogy is 100% fair.

Following your analogy... let's say you're at a poker game playing with cash. Someone gets pissed at you and lights a few bricks of your $100 bills on fire. Then the guy sitting next to you trys to help put out the fire and accidently spills water all over your remaining cash.

Now... i'm not saying you can use this as an excuse if you go on tilt and play like shiat... but it sure would explain a lot.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:07 PM

I dont see how anyone can claim to watch and follow the News and Politics on TV and NOT know what the Democrats have offered up. If you are truely that lost, go To Bidens page, go to Obamas page, go to Edwards page, Dodds page etc. They all have offered up their own plan or agreed with someone elses.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...I'm reasonably sure if you go to each of the democratic presidential candidates website you will find out information and platforms. Don't just plug your ears and say well whats your plan when you obviously have an internet connection and can find out tons of info.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to be a level headed member of our political forum and I'm currently trolling about www.hillaryclinton.com [her OFFICIAL presidential exploritory website].

So far everything is about raising money for her.

NOTHING about where she stands on specific issues or what "her" plan is for America.

Don't you think it's fair and should be pretty obvious that each candidate have some type of grid or flow chart on their homepage that shows what they support and don't support.

Even something as simple as pro-life vs pro-choice is a little difficult to find out about each individual candidate. BTW, that's not an issue I really care about, but I know alot of people do.

Dito for Obama
Old 01-24-2007, 04:23 PM

Furthermore... i'm on the Democratic Party Homepage.

On their "Iraq Resource Center" there is ABSOLUTELY NO plans out-lined by them on how stabalize the region and de-escalate the conflict.

There are plenty of blogs, links to the NY Times, and statistics on how our war efforts are pretty screwed... but again, nothing on their plan.

The Dems are now in control of Congress and can't continue to criticize... they need to act. I would be very willing to consider voting across party lines if I could go to the Democratic party homepage and see sometype of concrete ideas about their solutions.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:25 PM

I'm really bored and the only thing I know how to do is jab needles into my hand. Since no one has ever suggested an alternative plan to pass my time, I'll continue stabbing my hand.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:29 PM

Re-reading the comments by Senator Jim Webb it seem that he [and presumably his party] only support one course of action... immediate withdraw.

His comparision to the actions of Eisenhower are very telling:

""As I look at Iraq, I recall the words of former general and soon-to-be President Dwight Eisenhower during the dark days of the Korean War, which had fallen into a bloody stalemate. "When comes the end?" asked the General who had commanded our forces in Europe during World War Two. And as soon as he became President, he brought the Korean War to an end.

These Presidents took the right kind of action, for the benefit of the American people and for the health of our relations around the world. Tonight we are calling on this President to take similar action, in both areas. If he does, we will join him. If he does not, we will be showing him the way.""
Old 01-24-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm really bored and the only thing I know how to do is jab needles into my hand. Since no one has ever suggested an alternative plan to pass my time, I'll continue stabbing my hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a great example... I'm sure Bush and his cronies invaded Iraq because he was bored and wanted to inflict maximum pain on US soldiers... come on. I would expect more out of a well educated Wildcat
Old 01-24-2007, 04:40 PM

Don't read too much into the dog & pony show.

[ QUOTE ]
Bush calls for a safer Middle-East and support for our troops- Standing "O" from both parties.

Bush outlines his plan to make this happen- No applause form the Dems. and Pelosi is still as a botox injected statue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who wouldn't support a safer middle east and support for our troops??

But closing your eyes, crossing your fingers and shipping more bodies over there as a solution?

please.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:51 PM

Analogies are fun...

Your friend calls you from a party, obviously drunk... you tell him don't drive home drunk, it is a dumb idea, but of course he drives home drunk and wrecks his car. Now that his car is wrecked, you remind him that you told him not to drive drunk, but he tells you he can fix it. He proceeds to hit the wrecked car over and over with a sledgehammer. This doesn't fix things. You tell him to stop, the car is wrecked already. He tells you to F off and says "I don't see you trying to fix my car". You slap your forehead. He proceeds to go into his garage and get out a bigger sledgehammer to hit his car with. You find a new friend.

Point being... it is hard for Democrats to offer advice on what to do in Iraq because Bush has gotten us into a mess beyond our control. Unless we go into some serious no-holds barred military action (major insurgent and more than likely heavy civilian casualties), we are not going to settle the disputes between the warring factions in Iraq anytime soon. And if we think we've gotten Iraq to some decent amount of stability, it will all fall apart as soon as we leave anyway. So why not leave now, and then figure out what else we can do to repair the Middle East, since this military action has not been successful.