Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2006, 01:56 PM

Default Re: TPTK w/ nut flush draw

[ QUOTE ]
When the turn pairs the board, you should find a fold

[/ QUOTE ]

no way in hell is anyone folding this turn.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When the turn pairs the board, you should find a fold

[/ QUOTE ]

no way in hell is anyone folding this turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding is not unreasonable here. Villian clearly has a monster on the flop. Most of the time he's gonna have a flopped set. Still, I'd probably call down and expect to see a boat here.
I don't have any problems with this hand expect for the river bet which is a bad play for reasons already stated.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:16 PM

If villain has a draw, the best hand he can hold is KQs, which is possible, but unlikely imo given his numbers. Furthermore, if he was inclined to raise the flop for value with that hand, he could/would have done so when he first called his action making the free card play in position, as it were.

Rather, he was willing to give the table a cheap look at the turn with a plan to trap the field there. He has TT. Draw to your diamond as cheaply as possible once he three bets. When the board pairs you are drawing dead.

Yet, I suppose you find the the oddly played overpair or the pure donkage often enough in these games to warrant a call down when you improve in a pot this large.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Folding is not unreasonable here. Villian clearly has a monster on the flop. Most of the time he's gonna have a flopped set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding is being scared of monsters, IMO. We have a monster draw and the bottom card is paired in a HU 10BB pot. Folding is ludicrous.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Folding is not unreasonable here. Villian clearly has a monster on the flop. Most of the time he's gonna have a flopped set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding is being scared of monsters, IMO. We have a monster draw and the bottom card is paired in a HU 10BB pot. Folding is ludicrous.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say I would fold, I just said its not unreasonable to consider. Without any reads I'm gonna call this down and wait for him to show his FH. However, with a more solid read I think there are times when you may be able to get away from the hand in this spot.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:26 PM

i understand the instinctual river bet, I don't think it's that bad. You have to call his raise down. He could easily have a JJ QQ or KK. the river raise kind of screams TT or AA though. the river is close between checking and betting, but checking is better, especially in hindsight with this hand.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:01 AM

Preflop - I'll call here too with a few ccallers

Flop - I'll lead out and represent the T. Will 3bet if raised for value. This flop will most likley be capped by villian, I'll put my opponent on JJ, TT, 66. Unless this guy overplays alot of his hands I don't see him having AT.

Turn - I don't mind leading out and see what he does. If he raise it's an easy fold. Smooth call, I'll say overpair or trap. I'm checking the river.

River - Bet/Call depending how you played the previous streets. I would probably just call here in hopes he bets a big pair for value. If he has a full house then I just saved myself a few bets.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:27 AM

looks like exactly 66. I'm tempted to check/call river
Old 11-08-2006, 04:49 PM

Everyone is really tagging down UTG+2's hand, which seems a bit dangerous. Granted, I don't use PT so that stats don't mean as much to me (probably they should mean more). They guy played it like YOU would play it if you had a monster but that doesn't mean HE has a monster. I've seen people make this play with a lot wider range than TT and 66.

Preflop, I think this is an easy call with the two CCers...even if you are dominated, you are getting a better price and your hand is suited. On the flop, I definitely WOULD NOT bet because what is likely to happen is 1) PF raiser raises with an overpair, knocking out weak overs and draws and going HU about even money with you (if you have 14 outs) 2) everyone calls and you do not maximize your flush draw. Check and hope for a bet so you can raise with your TPTK and monster flush draw. Granted, when UTG+2 3-bets I probably go into a shell but you can't worry about that before it actually happens. Yes, it looks like he has 66 or TT but I think it would be crazy to just give him credit for that and lay down on the turn. Board pairing sucks but the pot is just too big to fold, call down and eat it if he has 66, that's the way things go in limit. Guy is tight so he's PROBABLY not going crazy with a weaker flush draw or something like JJ but he might be, and with 10-1 on the turn you can't be so sure as to fold your huge flush draw. Donking the river was probably not the best idea in hindsight, tight player is going to fold if you scare him, only call a small range, and raise with the goods.