Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2007, 10:54 PM

Default Re: Any Other Neteller Alternatives down the road?

[ QUOTE ]
Any one know of any other e-wallets going live soon to replace neteller, besides YouTeller?

I also read that PokerStars was opening their own "bank" and every player has an account at their "bank". So funds get deposited at their bank, then transferred into their poker account. This way they get around the U.S. banking to online gaming transfer restriction.

Sounds good....Any truth to this or just a rumor?

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you have to spread the stupidest rumors imaginable? 'i read that pokerstars was opening their own bank' yea right.... i read that ur spreading a bunch of false crap
Old 02-19-2007, 12:14 AM

here's where I read about the "Bank of PokerStars"....

www.netelleralternatives.com

see the section regarding pokerstars.

I'm not spreading any rumors...Just repeating what I've read
Old 02-19-2007, 01:13 PM

Comments?
Old 02-19-2007, 01:52 PM

Any "Bank" can only be effective if access to other poker(gambling) sites is allowed. If you can't take money from your "Bank' and go to Full Tilt then to UB, etc. then keeping money in Stars is the same as a "Bank".

Also the question of getting your money from the "Bank" to your home account is mandated. If this "Bank" is charged via american justice officials with contravening present law and wire possibilities terminated we are back to where we are now.

Neteller did all the above effeciently(grasp of the obvious).

So we need: 1) Safe cross site movement of monies which the "Bank of PokerStars" could do mainly because of its reputation.
2)Cash out to home field which could just be checks but considering the difficulty of checks coming out of Full Tilt you wonder "whats the rub?" here.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
here's where I read about the "Bank of PokerStars"....

www.netelleralternatives.com

see the section regarding pokerstars.

I'm not spreading any rumors...Just repeating what I've read

[/ QUOTE ]

yea and that site also says the bank of pokerstars will be ready in 'early february'

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2007, 02:49 PM

I think the idea is brilliant....

Think about it, you transfer money, thru either ACH or wire transfer into a "bank" located offshore (I have plenty of experience with offshore banking). Then from this "bank", you transfer into your pokerstars account.

To withdraw, this bank sends you an ACH or wire to your "locate" bank.

This sheer simplicity of this idea is astounding.

I hope they move forward on this immediately.

Lee? Is there any truth to this issue. I see you haven't replied to this thread at all.

I'd like to hear something straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:57 PM

Any updates on the status of YouTeller.com or WowTeller.com or any other Non-Debit card solution.

What I read about YouNeteller was promising, expect the $150 limit, which really sucks. WowTeller says accounts under $5,000 are not subject to any verificiation, which is nice, but they seem fishy.

Anyone have any more info?
Old 02-22-2007, 12:10 AM

MicroDik,

I read shortly after the report came out that youteller was falsely claiming to possess a certificate from the FSA in the UK, that they did in fact possess one, but that there was a mixup with two companies with the same name in the register, and that thus the intitial report was false and youteller is legit.

As to the limit, I read on the FSA site that the currency is in euros, so a little bit more than $150. However from my reading it seems that is only as to how much you can have in your account at one time. The question then is how often can you make a transaction. If youteller flies and is embraced by the sites, even with multiple transactions being allowed per week as long as no more than 150 euros is in the account at one time, then it will be more suited to the low rolling fish and not the pros/semi-pros playing higher stakes.

Now of course if they are going to allow virtually unlimited transactions per day where you cashout to yt then to your bank, and do that like 5 times in a day for 150/e a pop, you could be moving some serious money. But the problem is that you aren't actually going to be able to do that since most sites have their own bottleneck on how many cashouts/deposits you can make in a given time period.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:01 AM

They offer a "business" account, but not sure what the difference is as to the limits

Any ideas on that BluffDik

Mike "BIG Rod"Dick
Old 02-22-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any updates on the status of YouTeller.com or WowTeller.com or any other Non-Debit card solution.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is the press release I just got from Youteller. I don't believe it's been sent out to the pr sites yet....just through email. They are going to limit signups.

Youteller press release 2/21/07