Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 08:52 PM

Default Re: List of eWallets for Canadians

I looked into Click2Play a few weeks back, they wont let Canadians sign up under USD$ (or they would let me do it anyway). I shot them an email after I noticed that there was no option for your choice of currency.

They said that their were no exchange fees, though I am not sure if I truly believe that. I haven't opened an account there but will look into it again. Anyone else have any experience with them?
Old 03-26-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I looked into Click2Play a few weeks back, they wont let Canadians sign up under USD$ (or they would let me do it anyway). I shot them an email after I noticed that there was no option for your choice of currency.

They said that their were no exchange fees, though I am not sure if I truly believe that. I haven't opened an account there but will look into it again. Anyone else have any experience with them?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I was just going to post the same thing. I guess I don't need to wait for the email. Hopefully their reply about exchange fees is accurate.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:22 PM

Can somebody please show me where Mycitadel says Canadians can't use it for gambling?

From the Mycitadel.com website:

PLEASE READ

IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR U.S.-BASED myCITADEL WALLET CUSTOMERS:

Citadel Commerce and its myCitadel Wallet product will cease to process any transactions originating from U.S. consumers that may be related to online gambling. This change is effective as of 3:00 PST on January 17th, 2007.

U.S.-based customers will be able to continue to use their myCitadel Wallet account for any non-gaming sites, Money Transfers and Withdrawals.

Please note this action only affects U.S.-based customers who transfer funds from their myCitadel Wallet to any online gaming sites.

Customers located in other parts of the world (other than the United States) are not affected by this change. All transactions for these customers will operate with no disruptions.

We apologize for any inconvenience resulting from this change.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:25 PM

OK, I've signed up for Moneybookers...piece of cake, and a US$ account was no problem. Only downside I see is that it looks like the only way to withdraw is with a Swift bank transfer for a $2.70 fee, not sure if those work here, or a cheque for a $4.70 fee. Not a big deal for me though, I never withdrew from Neteller either. That's what Party's for!

It appears you can deposit from your bank account for no fee, takes 2-5 days, or by CC for a 1.9% fee.

I have an outgoing transaction limit of $1326.90 US in any 90 day period...ugh. Apparently this can be increased to 3000 Euro by verifying with a CC deposit, or 5000 Euro by verifying with a bank deposit or having them snail mail you a verification letter. Still not much; I'm just a small-timer, but I could see pushing those limits if I'm busy bonus whoring. High rollers definitely won't like those limits. I'm going to contact them and see if that can be increased over time.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can somebody please show me where Mycitadel says Canadians can't use it for gambling?

From the Mycitadel.com website:

PLEASE READ

IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR U.S.-BASED myCITADEL WALLET CUSTOMERS:

Citadel Commerce and its myCitadel Wallet product will cease to process any transactions originating from U.S. consumers that may be related to online gambling. This change is effective as of 3:00 PST on January 17th, 2007.

U.S.-based customers will be able to continue to use their myCitadel Wallet account for any non-gaming sites, Money Transfers and Withdrawals.

Please note this action only affects U.S.-based customers who transfer funds from their myCitadel Wallet to any online gaming sites.

Customers located in other parts of the world (other than the United States) are not affected by this change. All transactions for these customers will operate with no disruptions.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because it hasn't taken effect yet. Came in an email:

----------
Dear myCitadel Wallet Holder,

As a follow up to our email notice on March 7, 2007, this is a reminder that Citadel Commerce and myCitadel Wallet will cease processing any transactions originating from Canadian Consumers that may relate to online gambling. (Note: This includes sending payments to and receiving payments from online gambling merchants). This policy change is effective:

Monday, April 2, 2007 at 10:00 A.M. (Pacific Daylight Time)

All Canadian account holders of myCitadel Wallet will still be able to continue using their account for:

Any non-gambling sites
Money Transfers
Withdrawals to their Bank Accounts or to paper check
If you have any questions regarding this policy change, please contact us at 1-877-747-8433 or email support@mycitadel.com.

Sincerely,

myCitadel Wallet Team
Email: feedback@mycitadel.com
Web: http://www.mycitadel.com
Citadel Customer Support (USA & Canada): +1 877 747 8433

----------
Old 03-26-2007, 09:30 PM

Thanks BF

I actually just called them. Same answer... Canadians banned on 4/2.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:35 PM

I just signed up for moneybookers and hooked them up to my bank account and did a $100 test withdrawal from battle to moneybookers.

After this I read something about sending limits, the highest you can have is $5000 EUR per 90day rolling period???? I withdraw more than that a week, does this mean I cannot count on them or is that merely for outside sending not sending to my email? They don't seem to have any online help?
Old 03-26-2007, 09:41 PM

For those of you that have already signed up, what kind of limits does Click2Pay have on their transfers? What is the maximum withdrawal/deposit allowed in a specified period of time?
Old 03-26-2007, 10:36 PM

Hi Bobo,

Could you possibly edit the OP when you get updates instead of making new posts?

Thanks for this thread, it will help many of us!
Old 03-26-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, I've signed up for Moneybookers...piece of cake, and a US$ account was no problem. Only downside I see is that it looks like the only way to withdraw is with a Swift bank transfer for a $2.70 fee, not sure if those work here, or a cheque for a $4.70 fee. Not a big deal for me though, I never withdrew from Neteller either. That's what Party's for!

It appears you can deposit from your bank account for no fee, takes 2-5 days, or by CC for a 1.9% fee.

I have an outgoing transaction limit of $1326.90 US in any 90 day period...ugh. Apparently this can be increased to 3000 Euro by verifying with a CC deposit, or 5000 Euro by verifying with a bank deposit or having them snail mail you a verification letter. Still not much; I'm just a small-timer, but I could see pushing those limits if I'm busy bonus whoring. High rollers definitely won't like those limits. I'm going to contact them and see if that can be increased over time.

[/ QUOTE ]$

It looks like if you do each one of those verifications your limit will increase by the amount specified for each.. So it would be possible to get it up over $14k by doing them all. Someone would need to confirm this though.
Closed Thread