Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 10:19 PM

Default Re: Cardrunners site info & advice needed

I've heard a billion times that greenplastic makes sweet videos. But it looks like muddywater makes the majority of the videos for .5/1 which is what I would initially be most interested in. Any thoughts on his videos. From his bio he seems to be a legit player, but that does mean anything one way or another for the quality of his videos.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I subscribe to Cardrunners. It is extremely cheap and a total bargain, like $130 for 6 months (plus the $100 sign-up fee), and it has been well worth it to me.

If you can have hours and hours and hours of videos of top players (like Brian Townsend) taking you through their thought process as they go through every hand they play, you'd be silly to miss out.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP. Cardrunners helped me go from a breakeven/small winner at .50/1 NL to a fairly big winner at 2/4 and moving up.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:54 PM

I've watched every single CardRunners cash game video. Yes, every one. After 80,000+ hands I'm barely beating NL50. I guess I must be an idiot. I did score 129 on The Donkey Test IQ. Lucky that I can play jam up LHE and NLSNG's. Maybe 2+2's new book can get my NL cash game straightened out. CardRunner's hasn't been worth the $ as of yet. I'll prolly cancel CardRunners this month.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:14 AM

I've only seen a few of them but on some of the Muddywaters ones I've seen he lost money playing ABC value poker at those levels, which wasn't all that inspiring.

50NL seems to me to be a lot more agro that 25NL was with fewer total idiots. I have to take a lot more risks with my stack than I'd like to beat it. I blame 2+2, Cardrunners etc for telling everyone to play TAG!
Old 07-21-2007, 03:06 AM

Seems like they put a lot of emphasis on 6 max. I mostly play full ring and live, almost never online. How well does their stuff translate?
Old 07-21-2007, 06:37 AM

Well there's just a few more positions. Button play in 6-max isn't horribly different from playing the button FR. There's still much you'll pick up to play FR with.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:17 AM

Well, I guess this thread is as good as any to ask this.

I'm probably getting a CR subscription, but I really would like to save the videos on my HD. I would love to just download everything I want in one big queue and then watch it while pauzing, fast forwarding etc without using any bandwith resources. Also, I'm a collection freak like that and just want it organized on my computer. The CR FAQ though states I would have to renew a free 14-day license each two weeks to keep the files on my computer from spontaneously combusting.

Does anybody have any insight on this?
Old 08-19-2007, 10:00 AM

That's about the long and short of it.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:26 AM

Arito,

Pretty sure their DRM requirements just need you to renew the license (meaning you have to maintain your subscription) every 14 days. If you don't watch/renew them in two weeks they won't delete themselves.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:19 PM

Don't suppose there are any special offers for cardrunners? I'm thinking of signing up at some point but it's a bit more than I can realistically afford right now [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]