Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 12:48 PM

Default Re: How many supernovas are there on PS?

ah you were talking about players from last years SN. i get it thx
Old 05-22-2007, 01:41 PM

Just over 1200 at present from what I see.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just over 1200 at present from what I see.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you be able to share a rough percentage breakdown of the various VIP levels? That is, what percentage of the player base is at each level.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:14 PM

You earn 100K points in Feb., you get supernova until atleast the end of the year?

You earn Supernova in Dec. You only atleast get it until the end of Jan?
Old 05-22-2007, 05:21 PM

No.
You get it until at least the end of Feb.

You need to earn 10k points a month to maintain until July. But you are allowed to miss 1 month.

For SN-Elite's they make you earn 100k points a month each month through July.
Since most elites won't get there until Dec I think this is really unfair to make them keep playing that extraordinary a pace just to maintain their status.

This aspect of it was really bugging me. I would be more vociferous about it but since it looks extremely unlikely I'll make it to SN-Elite it doesn't concern me nearly as much.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No.
You get it until at least the end of Feb.

You need to earn 10k points a month to maintain until July. But you are allowed to miss 1 month.

For SN-Elite's they make you earn 100k points a month each month through July.
Since most elites won't get there until Dec I think this is really unfair to make them keep playing that extraordinary a pace just to maintain their status.

This aspect of it was really bugging me. I would be more vociferous about it but since it looks extremely unlikely I'll make it to SN-Elite it doesn't concern me nearly as much.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that was really weak from Pokerstars. If I were to make SN elite it would take me about the whole year to make it. Then I would only be able to hold on to that status till the end of June the following year. I would have to earn the same amount of VPP's to get to SN elite in half the year to stay there. That's a really extraodinary pace to maintain even for those who play poker for a living.

FWIW, I was at supernova last year and really didn't feel like playing the same number of hands in only half the year to maintain my supernova level so I dropped out early this year. Had pokerstars not have that rule in place I would've stuck with pokerstars and would still be a supernova all the way through. I wouldn't look to play elsewhere as much as I do.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:43 PM

yes. I think Stars needs to reconsider how these 'incentives' to play there more are actually driving away some of their potential customers.

If I were to somehow make it to Elite, and then were not able to maintain a 100k/mth clip in early 2008 (because I was still recovering from the heavy volume of play in 2007 it took to make it in the first place) I would end up pretty bitter about it.

Essentially only getting guaranteed the 5x FPP's for just the first two months of the year after knocking yourself out all year long is pretty weak-sauce.

I understand that they aren't giving away Elite's lightly and they want you to keep playing in order to maintain status.
But playing all year long just to get 5x points for only 2 months as a reward? Ouch.

And even if I did somehow keep up the pace in 2008 I would still get dropped by July because I'm just not going to be able to make Elite again in the first 6 mths of the year (especially factoring in the trips to Bahamas and Monte Carlo I would likely be taking).

I really love the idea behind the program and think they are on the right track.
There's even still an outside shot I can make it to elite if I really get it in gear and somehow start to play winning poker again.

But that 100k/mth qualification into 2008 needs adjusting.

Maybe if you don't get the 100k/mth you go into Former-SNElite status or something at which point you are making 4x or 4.5x or something.

You aren't making your 5x anymore.
But you aren't dropped all the way back to 3.5x just because it was too difficult for you to make 100k/mth while taking them up on the offer of 7-10 days in the Bahamas or Monte Carlo.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:13 PM

Yea, if i was to make supernova in Jan, i could play none the other 11 months and still enjoy the perks where as someone could take until nov. and only get 1 month of the perks. Doesnt seem fair TBH.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:22 PM

For some reason I was under the imporession you only needed 50k vpp's to keep Elite until July.

I'm extremely disappointed to discover the real requirement.

I've been playing so much my eyeballs are about ready to bleed and I have only managed 100k vpps this month because of the double point promotion . (Every other month I've been averaging about 75k)

It's going to be real close whether I make elite or not and if I do, I certainly will want a decent break from internet poker.

This 100k vpp requirement is a massive downer to say the least.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:24 PM

YIIKES!!

You're right.

It really is 50k/mth to maintain elite status.

My apologies all.
Crap. i can't believe I got that so wrong.

50k is a lot better than trying to do 100k of course.

Still, only getting it for 6 mths isn't so fabulous.
But continuing at 50k a month (with one month off if you like) is way more do-able.

Glad I brought this up so I could look into it and learn I was wrong about this.