Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2007, 11:23 AM

Default Re: *** The Well: 1p0kerboy ***

[ QUOTE ]
1. Hobbies - What takes your mind off your Job.

2. How much is losing Kenny Rogers for half the season going to hurt the Tigers?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I spend a lot of time with my family. My boys play soccer and baseball and I try to help them with that. We also like to travel, hiking, walking, roller-blading, and going to the beach.
2. Losing Rogers sucks, but I think we have enough strength in our other starters to do okay.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:24 AM

1) Full Ring... first hand at the table (200bbs eff stacks) you're UTG with JJ...plan? Assume you raise standard and get repopped by BTN to 12bbs...plan?

2) Best advice you've ever received regarding the poka
Old 04-06-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
before and after you become pro
- how long do you play a day on average?
- how many tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

I play about 8 hours a day, or 5000 hands. Usually between 8-12 tables.

Before I would play 10-12 hours a week, 8 tables.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
- how long have you been grinding 100nl for? did you used to play higher before the poker ban? any aspirations for moving up or are you content crushing 100nl?

- i heard you are gonna start shorstacking 1000nl, plz confirm. lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played a little bit of 100NL last year, but I have mostly been a SNG player. Usually either $16 or $27 turbos, or sometimes the $22 regular. I would like to move up at some point and likely see myself doing so sometime this year.

I was planning on shortstacking 1000NL but my plan fell a little short.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:31 AM

what is your rate of return as far as PTBB's go and why havent you moved up? I would assume you have the bankroll for it and could make alot more money!

gl
Old 04-06-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Full Ring... first hand at the table (200bbs eff stacks) you're UTG with JJ...plan? Assume you raise standard and get repopped by BTN to 12bbs...plan?

2) Best advice you've ever received regarding the poka

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Raise 4xbb. After button 3-bets, this becomes a player dependant situation. If he is a bad player, I might try to spike a set on him. If he is a straight-forward player, I might take a flop to see what he does. If he is a decent/good player, I may fold, because he knows I have a strong hand because I raised UTG, and he chose to re-raise me anyways. If he's good enough to not offer me the proper set-odds, this could be -EV for me.

2)I think the great thing about poker is there is not one important thing to consider. Different things have different levels of importance in different situations. If I had to stress the 2 most important things it would be aggression and position.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what is your rate of return as far as PTBB's go and why havent you moved up? I would assume you have the bankroll for it and could make alot more money!

gl

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to be prepared to lose in this game.

A player with my SD is occasionally going to encounter 12-15 BI loses. This is $1200-$1500 dollars for me. It sucks when it happens, and when you look at the big picture, such as what you will make over the course of a year, it is not that much. But I don't think I'm ready to swallow a $2500 loss just yet.

My WR would be much better if I played at night. But I play the day games because I like having my nights free. OK, I really play them because my wife tells me to. My WR during the day is a bit below 3. Of course, I have just gotten through 2 terrible stretches and don't have any data from before January. My nighttime WR is between 4-5, but it is a small sample.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:00 PM

in the nl100 games against unknowns, or regs that arent horrible
1 do you ever fold aa, kk, qq post flop on baords that arent totaly scary
2 do you prefer to raise limpers with sc's, or pps?
2do you defend your blinds often?
2 once the pot gets mediumish on the turn, do you ever think that a check call oop is approipriate?
Old 04-06-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in the nl100 games against unknowns, or regs that arent horrible
1 do you ever fold aa, kk, qq post flop on baords that arent totaly scary
2 do you prefer to raise limpers with sc's, or pps?
2do you defend your blinds often?
2 once the pot gets mediumish on the turn, do you ever think that a check call oop is approipriate?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Sure. I have.
2. I like to isolate-raise many individual limpers with SCs and PPs. Mostly the weaker ones. I got my PT icons set up so I know who to isolate and who not to. If it's a multiway pot, sometimes I will make a pot-sweetener raise of 2-3xbb. Everybody's sure to call, and I have position with a hand that extracts well after the flop and a lot of players means I'm likely to get paid. Plus I will often get a free turn card beacause a lot of players like to "check to the raisor"
3. Don't defend too often- prolly 80% or so.
4. Yes. For several reasons. Your opponent will bet worse hands because now it appears that your continuation bet got called and you are conceding the pot. Also, if he checks behind it pretty much tells you where you stand. A nice river barrell is sometimes in order in that case.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:22 PM

y do u play sngs now instead of cash? and how many tables do u play, how many seats?