Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 03:04 PM

Default Re: Battle Of the Blinds, Limped Pot, 3rd Nuts Deep stacked WTF?

Not raising preflop here was a mistake? honest question. I normally raise 77 and up. If raised and no flop hit, and cont. bet gets called am I shutting down and folding to any further bet?
Old 04-02-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, sux on the rare occassion he has the 88 or JJ, but that's poker, gotta make that call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guy is a total donk with this line anyway. I seriously doubt he's that big.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not raising preflop here was a mistake? honest question. I normally raise 77 and up. If raised and no flop hit, and cont. bet gets called am I shutting down and folding to any further bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should raise alot of hands from the BB when it is folded to the SB and he completes. And I really mean ALOT of hands...

If called and cbet doesnt work yes you should probably shut down most of the time, fire a second barrel sometimes if the board is right. But like 90% of the time you won't see a flop.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it was that big a mistake in a cash game against the blinds. If there's no $ invested, I don't like raising with small pairs against a SB. They will not fold very often with $ already invested and will pay to see a flop. You played the hand fine IMO. I just hope you called..
Old 04-02-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Call, its an expensive mistake if he has jj or 88 but considering no pf raise I think you will see 222 or two pair enough to justify a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

222 or even 2 pair.....so you say call?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think youre misreading the hand, I have a set of 4's

[/ QUOTE ]

I know your hand is 444 I was saying you call? what happened with this hand?>
Old 04-02-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should raise alot of hands from the BB when it is folded to the SB and he completes. And I really mean ALOT of hands...

If called and cbet doesnt work yes you should probably shut down most of the time, fire a second barrel sometimes if the board is right. But like 90% of the time you won't see a flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alot of players think like this now, so I limp in the SB with big hands alot more often to trap them.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your 90% number is just not true. And I really think you have your tournies mixed up with your cash games. Online, it's tough to get a SB to fold after they have completed. If I was playing against players like you who raise the SB continuosly I would limp my big hands in when we were blind vs blind. And smack you when you raised me. You get reraised and it puts you in your place quick.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Alot of players think like this now, so I limp in the SB with big hands alot more often to trap them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't limp all the time from SB, but will if I'm up against a constant raiser.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:16 PM

Yeah, so what? You complete/rr me once and I fold and I lose $6. All I have to do is steal your SB 3 times to make up for it.

Its a profitable play in the long run...I have no doubt about that. And completing the SB HU isn't, so keep at it.

And when people complete/call form the SB I start to salivate.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:36 PM

You have to call here. Even with his passive stats he is raising 88 and JJ here almost always. I agree with raise preflop. I'm raising like 50% of hands in this situation.