Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 01:33 PM

Default Re: AA in small blind to a raise

[ QUOTE ]
Ok good. I posted this hand because after playing it I did not like how I played it. For some reason I decided to be deceptive preflop and not show that kind of strength. Duh this ain't Brunson I'm playing against. I wanted some constructive criticism for my first hand post.

[/ QUOTE ]

When people are deceptive with AA pre-flop they usually don't cap it when 3-bet. When it's just one raise to you though you should raise. This is generally useful against a thinking opponent though. If you only cap with AK+, you're very easy to read and if you only call 3-bets with hands like AJo, the same is true. Most of the time you should just cap.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:00 PM

Just once I slowplayed AA PF. I flopped quads, it was checked to me, I bet, and EVERYONE folded.

I guess I could have checked the flop in the hopes that someone would crawl out of a foxhole on the turn...
Old 10-11-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just once I slowplayed AA PF. I flopped quads, it was checked to me, I bet, and EVERYONE folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I think its ok to slow play quads to the turn at least on blanks you never know what they are going to want to bet.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:37 PM

:g:
You should 3-bet this preflop. I don't understand the 3-bet on the turn. I would 3-bet the flop and slow down on the turn and the river if my opponent calls/ raises.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I think its ok to slow play quads to the turn at least on blanks you never know what they are going to want to bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Esp. after you've ass-played a big pp preflop.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok good. I posted this hand because after playing it I did not like how I played it. For some reason I decided to be deceptive preflop and not show that kind of strength. Duh this ain't Brunson I'm playing against. I wanted some constructive criticism for my first hand post.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think anyone else has said it yet...by not reraising preflop you also give BB 5:1 to call and bust your aces. Sure he may call anyway but just 3bet and give him a chance to make a -EV call. also against an aggressive player like this you often dont need to try too hard to get action so dont bother slowplaying him as it will just cos u money with big hands

also if you find people always c/f when you raise preflop then you arent raising preflop enough.

welcome to the forums btw and dont worry...most people have had bad first hand posts. it is awefully standard so no harm no foul.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:52 PM

Actually posting a bad first hand post is probably the best thing for you because it tells you much more than a good first hand post will.

Most of us learn from mistakes much more easily than from successes. Successes in poker are misleading because they may reinforce faulty logic or poor understanding of concepts.

When I first started, I made all kinds of mistakes that were actually correct. I made the right decision but for the wrong reason.

The more detail you can give when you post a hand the easier it is for the great posters to explain concepts that you are missing and fix logic errors.

As you post more hands, try and remember as much detail about the players as possible, try to remember why you were doing the action and what you weren't sure of.

I would rather answer a well thought out and documented hand than answer twenty quickly with, standard, fold here odds etc.

Wookiee and Aussie and Aaron among others were really good at reading these posts and dissecting my action for me.

I really appreciate the effort you put in this 'bad hand' as it isolated along with your other hand a very real problem.

Keep up the good work.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:43 AM

if you had folded to the turn cap this would have replaced the last 'worst played hand ever posted on 2+2' in my stickies. you got my hopes up after the preflop flop and turn play.... just saying
Old 10-12-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you had folded to the turn cap this would have replaced the last 'worst played hand ever posted on 2+2' in my stickies. you got my hopes up after the preflop flop and turn play.... just saying

[/ QUOTE ]
Is there anyway you could post this hand?