Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 04:21 PM

Default Re: 99 HU and OOP...how to avoid the discomfort?

You seem to like playing medium pp's aggressively preflop OOP. Both spots you're up against big stacks showing strength from position. Classic flat call for set equity preflop in both situations.

Hand 1: c/f the flop
Hand 2: I would use a c/c, possibly c/r, line since you can get value from a villain cbet here, and re-evaluate on the turn.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:29 PM

Nevermind Hand 2 I like the 3 bet pf. Heads up bet for value and reevaluate on the turn. If villain calls a 3/4 pot size bet on the flop here proceed cautiously. He's raising with a decent range of hands that dont have you overpaired. Hand 1 is just bad though.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You seem to like playing medium pp's aggressively preflop OOP. Both spots you're up against big stacks showing strength from position. Classic flat call for set equity preflop in both situations.

Hand 2: I would use a c/c, possibly c/r, line since you can get value from a villain cbet here, and re-evaluate on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, it just happend to happen twice this morning and put me in uncomfortable spots both times. I guess I'll quit.

In any case, in hand two, how often do you think we're ahead? And, if we are, do you really think players will put more money in w/ worse? C-betting is as a pure bluff, and after all that cold-calling with this particular flop, I think we run into a call too often.

How's that for weak?
Old 11-08-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, it just happend to happen twice this morning and put me in uncomfortable spots both times. I guess I'll quit.

In any case, in hand two, how often do you think we're ahead? And, if we are, do you really think players will put more money in w/ worse? C-betting is as a pure bluff, and after all that cold-calling with this particular flop, I think we run into a call too often.

How's that for weak?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand 2:
How's this. Bet 3/4 pot on flop and turn streets since they could perceive your flop bet as a light cbet. If they show resistence we obv have to roll over and turn to c/f mode since we're OOP. If you dont take it down on the turn and get flat called down, c/c the riv assuming we dont see 2 over cards on the turn and riv.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2:
How's this. Bet 3/4 pot on flop and turn streets since they could perceive your flop bet as a light cbet. If they show resistence we obv have to roll over and turn to c/f mode since we're OOP. If you dont take it down on the turn and get flat called down, c/c the riv assuming we dont see 2 over cards on the turn and riv.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize that we don't have two 3/4pot bets left, right?
That's what made this spot tough, or maybe it should make it simple. If we're not committed, putting more in now is a mistake, unless it's intended as a straight bluff. I don't think I really want to commit, and I don't think a bluff will work often enough, so I guess it's simple.