Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 02:10 PM

Default Re: Two borderline hands I\'d love opinions on (25nl)

#1 Call is more than questionable, you really only want to see a heart and you are drawing to a runner runner flush?
#2 I think you have to think about this one and either shove or fold the flop. Villan will often show a top pair type hand in this spot or some silly draw or the nuts(set).
Old 09-17-2007, 05:54 PM

Thanks for the feedback folks.

I called both hands.

Hand 1 I didn't do the math right at the time, and I called going for my flush. Stupid decision which I'll hopefully learn from in the future, I suppose thats why you review your sessions. I'm not hugly convinced about folding the flop however.

I read his bet as a standard cbet, and I have 16 outs which will either improve my hand to TPTK or give me a flush draw, its not worth sticking around for that?

Heart luckly got there, MP3 checked and I pushed which he called. MP2 with TT, MP3 with 99, took down the pot, although it was bad play so I'm not really happy.

Hand 2 I just couldn't believe that the king helped. Min raise is often strength, or in this case I thought he was trying to be tricky doing what many people interpret as strenth and min raise. I felt he more likely had a TPGK hand on the flop, or perhaps a draw. It was two agressive if he had a good hand. As such I called and villian flipped AJ and my Q's held.

Any more opinions on the flop of hand 1 would be great. It seems however most people fold so I'm not trying to be stubborn, just wondering [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2007, 06:59 PM

Peleus,

The odds of making a BDFD by the river are 6.4%. You stated yourself that you didn't think TPTK would realistically win this for you and that you were really basically drawing for the flush. If this is the case then you didn't have odds to make the call there on the flop.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:32 PM

True, but that was on the turn where they have showed a large amount of strength going all in and calling. We obviously don't know that on the flop to what looks like a standard cbet.

Looking at it more and more though, I'm thinking more and more I butchered the hand.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:11 PM

In this hand the pfr'er only had a mid pp, but an A (with a better kicker than your J) is a very likely possibility generally. Therefore, I wouldn't want to put too much credence in my A being good even if I do hit, which makes your draw very thin.

Not saying you totally butchered the hand, but I think we both agree that this was heavy on the luck and light on the +EV. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2007, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Not saying you totally butchered the hand, but I think we both agree that this was heavy on the luck and light on the +EV. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, best way I've seen it put yet.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:05 PM

In regards to the second hand:

It is my experience that if someone bets big or pushes on a "scare" card, they usually did not hit it. If villian hit the K, he would have bet smaller. The overbet is usally a sign of weakness.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:26 PM

Grunch

fold both flop and turn in hand 1

3bet flop in hand 2. As played I guess call, but I wouldn't be too happy.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AF of 11 is fairly high.... the all in on the turn is a very strong aggressive play... i would not assume at this point that villain has a king, he is extremely LAG so u could call this turn. however, you can fold rather cheaply here and will probably find a better spot to get his money if you wait.

also, I dont think i could ever fold the flop to those stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

We might be better off not even posting the AF in these hands. People are using that flawed info way too much. THE AF MEANS NOTHING HERE.....62 hands.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:28 AM

post hands one at a time for crying out loud