Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 05:46 AM

Default Re: Standard? Calling down with QQ $25NL

[ QUOTE ]
I was a lot closer to folding preflop than re-raising.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is awful. Folding QQ to a small reraise? If calling is bad, folding is insane. I always 4bet QQ here preflop, especially out of the blinds. You played this hand as tight-passive as you could.

[ QUOTE ]
I had a really bad feeling abuout this hand preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't listen to your 'feelings' dude, you have a big hand, so play it like a big hand.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:07 AM

Default Re: Standard? Calling down with QQ $25NL

Relax Den. Obviously I don't usually play QQ like this but when a guy I consider tight re-raises in $25 NL I start to see monsters, its probably because they are usually there.

Almost no pots in this game are re-raised in my experience and when they are it usually means a monster unless the player is much worse, or much better, than the typical player at that level.

There are a lot of people who have a 3 betting range so tight there that folding QQ or JJ probably is the best play, and I think this guy was one of them. I appreciate the fact that its a small raise in a relative sense and that its over a min raise from good position, but a lot of players don't care about or notice things like that and will simply not 3 bet anything worse than QQ.

In anycase I was pretty sure I was beat the whole time and he showed down KK. Its not often I'd be worried about QQ on a board like that, but I had a strong feeling based on past hands and seeing what CO had been showing down that I was beat and played it in a way that prevented myself from getting stacked.