Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Heartland Poker Tour

Well pacecar I played 15/30 Limit with some terrible, fishy player who recently won a HPT event and obviously smoked him.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well pacecar I played 15/30 Limit with some terrible, fishy player who recently won a HPT event and obviously smoked him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lollll that means you are 100% Best then!
Old 07-10-2007, 10:51 PM

lawl these players couldn't even have won in my .5/.10 homegame.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:35 AM

If you don't like the play, you have to at least appreciate the top notch production values.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:23 AM

Since I don't normally play against world class players, I would prefer to watch players of the caliber that I am likely to encounter at the table. I would absolutely love to see hours of a couple of name players dropping down to something like a 2/5NL 500max cash table and trying their best against your typical live donkeys. Maybe have them do a crossbooking bet to give them incentive to try harder at smaller stakes.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:36 AM

awrite, awrite, come on down dude, try out the HPT at Majestic starting July 21....there's a jacked up 20/40 limit game next door at Resorts...you will like it very very much...sorta like a HPT seafood buffet
Old 07-15-2007, 11:35 PM

I have to admit that these games have really stunk. But, the Majestic Star one was pretty good and its mainly due to the Chicago Area players. Heck, I know 8 people who made it in the money last month at the WSOP, one even won the first event and the last guy who placed just got 88th place at the main event. Chicago players are much better and so are the HPT events in Chicago.... even the buy-in in Chicago for the HPT is higher than most. Because a low-limit torunament is about 180 bucks here and average Sit N Go's are at least 80 bucks. I know a player who reached the final table last year and I think he got 5th or 6th... AL said it was worse than 100 tornament with a lot of guys from Wisconsin who pushed all the time- very bad plays. I've never played in one of these before but just about everyone I've met who has advised that the satellites are SUPER easy and most average players will only need to play one to get the entry fee... we will see.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:32 AM

Looking forward to getting back out to Gary for this tourney. The tournaments draw from all over chicago, NWI, South Bend, Fort Wayne and Indy, Milwaukee, southwest michigan all the way to detroit. There has been much more publicity for it this year and I think they have underestimated how many players will be there.

This will easily be the toughest field the HPT has seen and most likely the largest.

I don't know about jacked up but that is the best 20/40 game in the midwest. Anybody tell me if the Pot Limit Omaha game still goes and when? Also I know on wednesday nights there used to be a 30/60 HOSE game, does it still run?
Old 07-16-2007, 01:30 AM

How old do you need to be to play in HPT? I am only 19.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How old do you need to be to play in HPT? I am only 19.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh...that's why you think your better than everyone.