Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 10:58 AM

Default Re: Playing A-K for a reraise against unkown

Also, and see if you agree with this, if someone is tight and reasonable, I will fold Queens to a reraise pre-flop or call for set value only if the raise is not too big. When reraised with queens, my best hope is that I am a slight favorite. The unfortunate thing is when temptation gets the better of me on a low board and yes, the guy was seriously value betting me the whole way down, and not 2 barreling A-K. At the levels I play, no one seems to be repopping with Jacks or lower, or A-Q.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:04 AM

Default Re: Playing A-K for a reraise against unkown

[ QUOTE ]
Also, and see if you agree with this, if someone is tight and reasonable, I will fold Queens to a reraise pre-flop or call for set value only if the raise is not too big. When reraised with queens, my best hope is that I am a slight favorite. The unfortunate thing is when temptation gets the better of me on a low board and yes, the guy was seriously value betting me the whole way down, and not 2 barreling A-K. At the levels I play, no one seems to be repopping with Jacks or lower, or A-Q.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes you are right. It is actually QQ that Sklansky talks about in chapter 24 in TOP, but since AK and QQ run close together in value he same applies to both.