Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2006, 11:00 AM

Default Re: PPT Mirage Thread

I was ready to kill the announcer who kept saying

"He's Trapping here."

THis was the first time I'd listened to this while doing something else (Hadn't watched it before either) and I was ready to choke that guy with a pair of aces, just to trap the air in his lungs and kill him.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:22 AM

I usually am not one to criticize players from the few hands we get to see on TV, really. But is Shawn Rice one of the WORST players you've ever seen? Does he even know what he's doing? I'd provide specifics, but you all watched...I'd get a tl;dr for sure. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2006, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gee do you think that would be a good table to watch???

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to go against the grain again and say no. Matusow is so freaking old to watch. Same schtick. You think he would let any of the others get a word in? No.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gee do you think that would be a good table to watch???

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to go against the grain again and say no. Matusow is so freaking old to watch. Same schtick. You think he would let any of the others get a word in? No.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering that the table the did feature had all the flash, sizzle and excitement of a UPS truck, it couldn't have been any worse.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
one thing i learned from it: mel judahs former occupation...

[/ QUOTE ]

We learn this every single time Judah is on TV on a featured or final table, whether it be the WPT, WSOP, <insert random tournament here>, ect...
Old 11-16-2006, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That hand where he took out Ferguson was just sad. He raised early with Jd9d, Ferguson reraised with QQ, Hinchcliffe called with AdKd...then Chris reraised, Ferguson called, and Hinchcliffe folded. At this point, IIRC, Ferguson has committed half his chips or a little less.

The flop comes all rags with 2 diamonds, and Chris tries to bluff Ferguson out. To his credit, he did pretty much convince Jesus he was beat, but he just had too much money in there to fold. Then the turn came with a diamond, and just like that Jesus is eliminated.

Then afterward, the guy tried to defend that flop push to the rest of the table. They pointed how how committed Ferguson was, to which he responded, "so what?"

Maybe I'm missing something, but when a guy reraises then calls your huge 3-bet for 40-50% of his stack, don't you just give up on your junk hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

He has about correct odds to call an all in on his flush draw if he checks and ferguson pushes all in. If he leads out he can push ferguson off a hand like AK if it's in his range. Syracuse Chris' play is fine here.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually am not one to criticize players from the few hands we get to see on TV, really. But is Shawn Rice one of the WORST players you've ever seen? Does he even know what he's doing? I'd provide specifics, but you all watched...I'd get a tl;dr for sure. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, way to "mix it up" by limping UTG w/ KK. genius. i'd hestitate to rip on the guy if that was his only mistake but
it was just the crap-flavored icing on the donkey-shaped cake. those of you suggesting they have a different feature table obv don't know what makes good trainwreck TV.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
one thing i learned from it: mel judahs former occupation...

[/ QUOTE ]

We learn this every single time Judah is on TV on a featured or final table, whether it be the WPT, WSOP, <insert random tournament here>, ect...

[/ QUOTE ]

we do?

how come i never heard of it

maybe cause mel aint on TV too much
Old 11-17-2006, 01:54 AM

The last time he was at a WPT final table was 2003, I'm sure VVP mentioned it a few times during Legends.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:25 AM

Sorry to say that, but the selection for the TV table could have been worse. Who is interested to watch these donkeys?