Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2006, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Ask Shant about T-shirts

Shant - I never really wore T-shirts alot until I moved to LA, a definite T-shirt city.

I like a good-fit (not too tight) higher quality T-shirt. Subtle designs (though most of mine are just solid color). I get them from American Apparel. What other t-shirts manufacturers would you recommend?

-Al
Old 03-27-2006, 04:43 PM

Aloysius - Quick tip. I'm not sure where you live in LA, or where you are getting your American Apparel's from, but on Santa Monica Blvd there is a Trader Joe's just West of La Brea. Right next to the TJ's is a place called Fashion Bank that sells American Apparel shirts that are "defective" for 3 for $9. Most of them are not defective at all, and they have all styles from sleeveless to long sleeve.

As far as brands that use American Apparel style blanks to print on and have subtle designs, there are a couple I can reccomend. Have you heard of Modern Amusement? They sell them on Melrose, and in some Urban Outfitters. They have tasteful simple design and their shirts are their own special cut which is similar to American Apparel. The store on Melrose that sells them also sells a lot of shirts in the style you are looking for. It is called Barracuda and it's my favorite LA store. I reccomend checking it out.

If you want to go a little more upscale, at Barney's in Bev Hills they sell this brand called Nice Collective. I don't wear them, but my friend has a bunch of their shirts. The designs aren't my style, but it sounds like you'd dig them.

Also, the brand 2K has lots of shirts from a ton of different artists/designers and they're all printed on American Apparel blanks. You can find 2K in some stores on Melrose.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Aloysius - Quick tip. I'm not sure where you live in LA, or where you are getting your American Apparel's from, but on Santa Monica Blvd there is a Trader Joe's just West of La Brea. Right next to the TJ's is a place called Fashion Bank that sells American Apparel shirts that are "defective" for 3 for $9. Most of them are not defective at all, and they have all styles from sleeveless to long sleeve.

[/ QUOTE ]
Major bump here. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anyone been to this "Fashion Bank"? I'm headed back to LA in a few days, and I'm thinking of checking this place out if it still exists and has a decent selection.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:33 PM

shant,

what do you think of xlarge brand tshirts? I am a big fan. I don't spend much time shopping for clothes so I kind of find one brand whose fit I like and then order a lot from them. Any suggestions or large sites with a lot of brands in one place to shop around?
Old 03-27-2006, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shant,

what do you think of xlarge brand tshirts? I am a big fan. I don't spend much time shopping for clothes so I kind of find one brand whose fit I like and then order a lot from them. Any suggestions or large sites with a lot of brands in one place to shop around?

[/ QUOTE ]
I used to rock a lot of X-Large shirts and I still have a few. I liked some of their more abstract designs. Check out www.thegiantpeach.com because you can shop by brand there. If you like X-Large, I think you'd like some of the San Francisco hip-hop type brands like Red Five, True, or Upper Playground.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:34 PM

Shant, please PM me with your website. Do you ship to Canada?

As for a t-shirt question: Do you prefer solid coloured or patterned (like striped) fabric for t-shirts? Also, do you prefer a large or small emblem/picture?
Old 03-27-2006, 04:36 PM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

Is that what you are doing in Costa Rica? Looking for potential sweat shop locations?
Old 03-27-2006, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As for a t-shirt question: Do you prefer solid coloured or patterned (like striped) fabric for t-shirts? Also, do you prefer a large or small emblem/picture?

[/ QUOTE ]
Most of my shirts are solid, but I have seen lately some designs printed on striped or camo t-shirts and I think with the right design it looks great.

I am a fan of chest area prints, and I like them to be fairly large. That's my personal preference and the way I design shirts.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Most of my shirts are solid, but I have seen lately some designs printed on striped or camo t-shirts and I think with the right design it looks great.

I am a fan of chest area prints, and I like them to be fairly large. That's my personal preference and the way I design shirts.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think of and do you dabble in shirts with designs in less conventional places like running down the side, or a lower corner or whatever?
Old 03-27-2006, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you think of and do you dabble in shirts with designs in less conventional places like running down the side, or a lower corner or whatever?

[/ QUOTE ]
The last time I wore a shirt with something in the lower corner it was when they had those gangster type shirts back in the day with the little kid busting a tag on your hip area. I think some of them can look good/tasteful but it doesn't really fit with my style. I will get you some links in a little while, I didn't expect this many questions.