Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 06:06 PM

Default Re: I\'m having poker nightmares!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3-bet the flop and lead the turn. Hand plays differently from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I considered this, but I thought I could get more bets out of him if I waited til the turn to check/raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

At the moment, I thought his most likely holding was a made hand like an Ace or an underpair and I didn't want to shut him down into calldown mode just yet or have him fold the turn without getting a big bet first (this could be bad judgement, especially since there was only 1 ace left).
Old 10-02-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

At the moment, I thought his most likely holding was a made hand like an Ace or an underpair and I didn't want to shut him down into calldown mode just yet or have him fold the turn without getting a big bet first (this could be bad judgement, especially since there was only 1 ace left).

[/ QUOTE ]

You answered your own question there -- 1 ace left in the deck, so fewer combos of made Aces. More likely he's going to take a free card on the turn if you check, since it's a draw-heavy board (straight and flush potentials). Just pound away and make him pay max for his draw.

Furthermore, if you 3-bet the flop and he keeps hammering away, you know better where you stand in the hand and that makes the river a lot easier.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't even know about the cap limit in that situation. Maybe Howard B. or Hass can fill us in. My guess is that villain doesn't know either, and just considered my 4bet a cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

No cap heads up. If Villan knows this then I don't see why he would stop betting with 45. I want to say 3-bet the river but if he 4-bets and we call it just seems like too much action for our hand.

If he knows there is no cap then it makes it an easier 3 bet because we can discount 45. Also, at CAZ I don't see flush draws played like this very often, unless he has 34 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] exactly, or Qx [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Still seems like too much action for Qx [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] though.

I guess I would just wuss out and call the river in confusion. The way I'm running he would have 92 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] like always.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think I just call here. Did he have the option to raise you more on the turn or was it capped? Not sure it matters though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the same question. And think it does matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually you're right it does matter. If vilain doesn't know if it's a cap then it's a call, otherwise a raise maybe in order. Results?
Old 10-05-2007, 04:53 PM

And the winner is...

Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]