Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Borgata 1K, facing open limp from button

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey if you really think everyone is going to fold then it can never be too wrong to go allin and increase stack by about 25%

[/ QUOTE ]

This is it isn't it.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, pretty much. although if he calls with KQ, the push is probably not so great because AT calls faster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Theres a breed of somewhat bad players that seem to think KQ>>>>>>>>>>>> >>AT. Just something to consider.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey if you really think everyone is going to fold then it can never be too wrong to go allin and increase stack by about 25%

[/ QUOTE ]

This is it isn't it.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, pretty much. although if he calls with KQ, the push is probably not so great because AT calls faster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Theres a breed of somewhat bad players that seem to think KQ>>>>>>>>>>>> >>AT. Just something to consider.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you assume he is mostly open limping on the button with hands like AT and KQ, the push is bad. If he has some junk he can't call. When he calls, if he calls KQo, He calls a lot of aces and higher pps, but may also call KTs+, 22-44, QJs, and Axs.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is it isn't it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but how often does an active big stack actually limp these hands?

I am auto-pushing this hand preflop. Honestly sometimes you should push without even looking just because it's SO likely people are going to fold to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

but if you look you could raise to like 4k with AA+
Old 05-29-2007, 04:41 PM

Is go-and-go horrible here? Raise to 7K preflop and push any flop. This might be result-oriented thinking, but is he ever reraising preflop after limping on the button? Are we increasing FE much, if he's not folding KQ preflop?
Old 05-29-2007, 04:48 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
Is go-and-go horrible here? Raise to 7K preflop and push any flop. This might be result-oriented thinking, but is he ever reraising preflop after limping on the button? Are we increasing FE much, if he's not folding KQ preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think shovings better because I think Button's open-limp range will pretty much never fold to the 7K raise, and same goes for SB once Button calls. Now we're in a rather bloated 3-way pot where we neither get to act first nor last. How's that shove any flop plan look now?
Old 05-29-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think shovings better because I think Button's open-limp range will pretty much never fold to the 7K raise, and same goes for SB once Button calls. Now we're in a rather bloated 3-way pot where we neither get to act first nor last. How's that shove any flop plan look now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, yeah, with SB in the hand go-and-go is pretty bad, I missed that part. Let's say SB folded already (didn't complete), would it be an OK move then?