Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 10:29 PM

Default Re: flopping hands in steal spots and getting played back at

[ QUOTE ]
vs an unknown I think it's best to fold.

Having said that I normally just stack off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with Jam on this one. I stack off and then find out it was a good stack off b/c villain turns out to be a 55/2/4 who over plays TPNK.

I think this is a fold TBH. If he starts defending his blinds then you can adjust.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:16 AM

i fold this without much further thought against an unknown. it's one of those spots where even if you do have the best hand there's just no good way to play it out.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:45 AM

These decisions should be part of a larger overall strategy.

Try to play in a way that punishes weak players.. Yet doesnt make it correct for a player to play back at all the time and steal every pot off you.

If you are stealing 25-30% of the time with small raises, you can make a heck of a profit off a big blind who is folding a ton...

If they are "waiting for a big hand" to punish you, and do it far too tight.. You still make a profit in all those small pots youve stolen.. It will surely offset the amount you lose when you go all in with TP vs a set.

If you try to exploit these guys even further by folding whenever they raise you.. You leave yourself open to the opposite type player.

The tricky LAG who is going to try checkraise you constantly and take every pot at you where your weak.. Since your range is so wide, and your cont betting most flops your going to be weak MOST of the time, they have serious profit in checkraising you every non super-drawy flop with air.

You absolutly have to put in more money with a hand as powerful as top pair good kicker to avoid being exploited by the smart LAG's who will check/raise tons of flops, but play smart once youve called or 3-bet.

Try to have hands in your range that will both call a flop c/r and fold to future betting.. As well as monster hands that are trying to suck them in.. As well as draws planning to take the pot away at signs of weaknesses.

Just remember, if you dump a lot of money off here and they do happen to be super weak-tight.. While you made a blunder against this hand, every time you both have missed the flop youve won tons of small pots and stolen tons of blinds.

The fact is in 6-max 100BB NL, if your playing against good players, your going to be forced to put your stack in in situations what seem like weak hands, simply to prevent yourself from being run over.

All that being said though, 50$ NL is a MUCH more passive game than is "correct". So when you do get c/r you can play pretty nitty.. Folding this certaintly isnt a crime without a read. Just make sure you realize WHY folding is ok here. If the game was tougher, folding would be a big mistake.