Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 10:07 PM

Default Re: Like it? Hate it?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i dont understand this really? what was ur thinking for playing ur hand like this

[/ QUOTE ]

that the range of hands that put money in the pot is wider (more that i beat - air plus thin value bets)

[/ QUOTE ]

are you saying you have a read that he bluffs/value bets thin on multiple streets when checked to, or are you just guessing that he does this?
Old 11-02-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i dont understand this really? what was ur thinking for playing ur hand like this

[/ QUOTE ]

that the range of hands that put money in the pot is wider (more that i beat - air plus thin value bets)

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, prob not all the way through the hand, maybe on the flop. but if you have a read...
Old 11-02-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you saying you have a read that he bluffs/value bets thin on multiple streets when checked to, or are you just guessing that he does this?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is based on an average player, doesnt my hand look exactly like jj or something? shouldnt he be value betting kq, maybe even qj and trying to bluff me a decent amount of the time here? I think that if i bet and im raised on such a dry board on the flop it just makes the hand harder to play and if i go with it im playing for stacks (this is because a lot of raises on such a dry board r gonna be air, while i guess some might play a set fast regardless of texture). So, by c/c all streets, i keep the pot size smaller allow him to bluff and value bet against my under-repped hand (which i doubt he would pay off three streets with if i had kept betting - would u with a hand like kq or qj?). Same concept as this hand i played earlier where villain said he put me on kk or qq (but i got unlucky...):
Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

MP: $185.55
CO: $188.80
BTN: $161.05
Hero (SB): $99
BB: $98.85
UTG: $97.25

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG calls $1, 2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $4.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $15.50</font>, 2 folds, BTN calls $11

Flop: ($33) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $25</font>, Hero calls $25

Turn: ($83) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $120.55 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $58.50 and is All-In

River: ($200) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $200 Pot ($3 Rake)
BTN showed J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Jacks) and WON $197 (+$98 NET)
Hero showed A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (two pair, Aces and Jacks) and LOST (-$99 NET)
Old 11-02-2007, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is based on an average player, doesnt my hand look exactly like jj or something? shouldnt he be value betting kq, maybe even qj and trying to bluff me a decent amount of the time here? I think that if i bet and im raised on such a dry board on the flop it just makes the hand harder to play and if i go with it im playing for stacks (this is because a lot of raises on such a dry board r gonna be air, while i guess some might play a set fast regardless of texture). So, by c/c all streets, i keep the pot size smaller allow him to bluff and value bet against my under-repped hand (which i doubt he would pay off three streets with if i had kept betting - would u with a hand like kq or qj?). Same concept as this hand i played earlier where villain said he put me on kk or qq (but i got unlucky...):

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to under rep your hand, why are you flat calling the river? Or playing for pot control against dominated hands?
Old 11-02-2007, 10:18 PM

like lets say i lead this flop for 6 and i am raised to 22 - do u guys just dump the hand here? this is such a good board to raise against since ill miss it so often and most ppl wouldnt go nuts with a set on such a dry board. And if we r folding out aq on this board to any resistance then we can pretty much never ever take heat.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to under rep your hand, why are you flat calling the river? Or playing for pot control against dominated hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

there r almost no hands which pay off the river that i beat and he could have a set, i think his range here is prob weighted towards sets or air, and then some thin value bets (which make the call +EV IMO). Raising the river seems pretty bad.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
like lets say i lead this flop for 6 and i am raised to 22 - do u guys just dump the hand here? this is such a good board to raise against since ill miss it so often and most ppl wouldnt go nuts with a set on such a dry board. And if we r folding out aq on this board to any resistance then we can pretty much never ever take heat.

[/ QUOTE ]

we flopped TPTK against a pretty much unknown w/AQ, we should not be folding to a single flop raise ever.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:21 PM

Also, that hand earlier isn't really relevant, its a 3 bet pot so your range is VERY polarised.

My thinking- When he leads into you on flop you are either WA or WB so the call is fine. Same goes on the turn when you get the nut draw. If you raise the worst hands all fold and you're left with the sets or maybe a button getting cute with aces or kings.

The question for me is- does KQ or QJ lead three times after the pf raiser calls him twice here?

obv im wondering if u guys take this line though, or if u guys think it just takes my hand to value town against sets.