Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 01:20 AM

Default Re: our friend the suited connector in early stages of MTTs

here is why i play them early: the donks are in the tourn early they will pay you off if you hit .i can easily fold when i miss
Old 06-27-2007, 04:09 AM

I play them in position or if there are a lot of limpers in front. I'll call a min-raise with them as well.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:29 AM

I don't want to openlimp with SC from EP unless maybe with JTs. In MP1 I will openlimp with QJs and JTs, from MP2 I will start limping with T9s too. 98s from MP3 and 87s, 76's and 65's from the CO. If no one has raised before me I am perfectly capable of raising them up my self if I haven't been to active lately raising a lot of hands. Also later up in the tournament I will play them unless my stack has a very low M < 12; one could say this is to loose but after the flop you know most of the time where you stand and you have hand with which you can go all-in with on a nice drawy flop.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:52 AM

I think I buy into Larude's post the best...the higher end SCs are playable from MP1 and later...as blind get bigger and I have more reads I don't mind playig them more aggressively at a passive table...
Old 06-27-2007, 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
where do you get to see these free videos?? is the at pokerxfactor? i've regeistered at the site but all the videos are in the training center and require you to pay?

[/ QUOTE ]

follow the links in the stickys at the top of this forum. There are numerous links to tournament history videos. If you are already registered, you should be able to see the videos without a problem.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:55 AM

I'll only discuss 56 67 78 89 9T (or occasional one gapper). The rest I play very differently depending on the situ.

Early tourney/mid... limp early pos, middle pos... call 3x or so raises in MULTIWAY pots (the more people the higher the raise I'll call). Call or raise (steal) late pos. You can get in early when blinds are small and break someone. As said above... if you find donks... it's at the start.

Late tourney more depends on your stack size and everyone elses...In summmary I definately play these early and not as much later typically.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:20 PM

Someone (at least one) a long time ago did a pretty thorough analysis (math in terms of implied odds) of this topic. I wish it would have been put in the anthology. I have no idea how long ago, who was involved, or whatever. If anyone still knows where it (or a similar one is) a link sure would be handy.