Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Online 25/50 Turn spot

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should make it about 3400 planning to fold to a shove, and also planning to shove most rivers if he just calls. Maybe shove every river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this line a lot.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you not bet the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I thought that there are a heaps of hands that look good enough to get it in on this flop (just about every flush draw has some saucy combination of straight draw/overcards too), so I wanted to keep the pot small with my concealed but unshowdownable draw. ie I didn't want to 3-bet if raised.. maybe bet/call was best.

Also, with him having seen my AA hand, I thought I should still have decent folding equity when I fire the turn.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should make it about 3400 planning to fold to a shove, and also planning to shove most rivers if he just calls. Maybe shove every river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-02-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why did you not bet the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I thought that there are a heaps of hands that look good enough to get it in on this flop (just about every flush draw has some saucy combination of straight draw/overcards too), so I wanted to keep the pot small with my concealed but unshowdownable draw. ie I didn't want to 3-bet if raised.. maybe bet/call was best.

Also, with him having seen my AA hand, I thought I should still have decent folding equity when I fire the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might just give up on this with like QJo but it's such a sick flop for your hand that I don't see how you can not fire... even 3-betting and risking getting 4-bet AI on this flop with an OESFD would've been fine in my book, or just calling and c/r'ing turn, or pretty much anything but what actually happened and resulted in this extremely awkward spot.
As is, you have pretty much direct odds to call and should still have decent implied odds if you hit on the river since he will loath folding to you given your guys' history. I don't like 3-betting turn for the same reasons - he's getting tired of you and looks like he's ready to play and this is a hand we were ready to felt on the flop but not the turn.

Kirk
Old 08-02-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
even 3-betting and risking getting 4-bet AI on this flop with an OESFD

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a fd. Mistype or misread?
Old 08-02-2007, 01:21 AM

Oh, [censored]... I thought there were 2 hearts on the flop. Okay, n/m I take pretty much all that back. Ummm... I'd still c-bet the flop, though. As played, I dunno, fold turn.

Kirk
Old 08-02-2007, 09:41 PM

Default Results

I felt that the AA hand he commented on was pretty relevant, because if he knew I could check an overpair on this sort of flop, it'd be pretty silly to check behind a monster. So when I'm getting raised on this turn, the only legit hands he should have are 22 and A3s, which isn't much. Given that I felt he was capable of dicking around, especially vs me, I thought that a bluff was fairly likely.

I made it 3300. He shoved, I folded. Yuck.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play this high, but how/why are you folding to a shove after we make it 3400? wouldn't we be getting something like 5:1 to call?
Old 08-03-2007, 09:40 AM

I see 2.5:1ish?
Old 08-03-2007, 04:44 PM

oops 7800 effective