Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 08:13 AM

Default Re: Entourage 7/1

[ QUOTE ]
i think ive said this before but what i really love about the show now is the conflict. i love the struggle and the fact that they are more busto than me yet still famous. i liked the quarrel between vincent and E, and between them and their financial advisor and pretty much everyone else. that type of thing keeps me on edge in a show i love to watch because of the lifestyle.

[/ QUOTE ]

What?
Old 07-02-2007, 09:43 AM

Can someone explain to me what Harvey Weinstein is actually buying when he offers Eric $25 million for the movie?

Didn't Adam Goldberg's character (Nicky, I think) pay more than $25 million to produce the movie, on top of what Vince and Eric paid for the script? Does Nicky have a share of ownership in the movie, or has he just loaned Eric and Vince the money? If it is the first, how can Eric sell the movie without his approval? If it is the second, how can Eric afford to sell it for only $25 million?
Old 07-02-2007, 09:58 AM

I thought it was a decent episode, but the look on Drama's face when he's thrown over the side of the hot tub was priceless.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:32 AM

Kinda meh. The Turtle/Drama stuff just too goofy. E was interesting for once.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:12 AM

I thought it was pretty good, and overall a pretty solid season so far. The fat cougar flipping Drama over and tossing his salad was hilarious. I also liked the Vince/E storyline.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Can someone explain to me what Harvey Weinstein is actually buying when he offers Eric $25 million for the movie?

Didn't Adam Goldberg's character (Nicky, I think) pay more than $25 million to produce the movie, on top of what Vince and Eric paid for the script? Does Nicky have a share of ownership in the movie, or has he just loaned Eric and Vince the money? If it is the first, how can Eric sell the movie without his approval? If it is the second, how can Eric afford to sell it for only $25 million?

[/ QUOTE ]

Eric was attempting to sell his producer credit to Harvey, which he can't do without Nicky agreeing. He is doing this to get Walsh off the movie, which he can't do, but a new producer can, fairly common practice when final cut is given to a director and the producer doesn't like the final cut. It gets more complicated with multiple producers.
The storyline is similiar to the third Matrix movie, which Joel Silver hated and tried to get those brothers who directed it kicked off and was overruled by the other producers. This is why in the scenes for next week, Ari tells him that he sold something he was in no position to sell.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think it will be fun to see if vince becomes a complete degen w/ either gambling, drugs, or both.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugggh, I think the only way I could wind up hating this series is if Vince gets addicted to drugs
Old 07-02-2007, 01:11 PM

What really blew me away was the fat chick used to be a fairly hot chick named Colleen Camp. She was in "Die Hard With A Vengeance". I dunno WTF happened to her though. Entertaining episode although it's getting repetitive how everything always works out for everybody. I really thought they were going to have Medellin be a flop but it looks like it won't be.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:15 PM

i still love the show, but the episodes dont leave me dying til next sunday anymore...
Old 07-02-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i still love the show, but the episodes dont leave me dying til next sunday anymore...

[/ QUOTE ]

lmfao