Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Every once and a while... are they 12? nope full grown men

Lets look at your average poker players....
You have your adrenaline crzed, love the rush gamblers on one end
And you have educated players with advanced degrees on the other end
Mix testosterone, lack of sleep, and no financial security and you get some juvenile reactions!
Old 10-11-2007, 04:42 PM

LOL at this post. I agree for the bulk of things. Please remember that many of these people are just about screwing people over for their money and they come here to get better at it.
I remember sitting in a bar at a game and some dude made some nasty remark and pissed one of the two ladies off. Then true words were spoken, "Lady, I'm in a BAR, with a bunch of guys, at MIDNIGHT, playing CARDS! WTF do you expect?!?!??" And I think that your point kinda goes with the territory here. I don't mean to offend you, but this is poker - get used to it or find another hobby.
my 2c
Old 10-11-2007, 05:20 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

[ QUOTE ]
And I think that your point kinda goes with the territory here. I don't mean to offend you, but this is poker

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if I would restrict the domain to just poker (though undoubtedly you are right about that), I would say that this is typical behavior across the internet. Total anonymity plus a large audience brings out the worst in some people.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't mean to offend you, but this is poker - get used to it or find another hobby.
my 2c

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah u offend me. This is not a jusitification.

I should clarify.. I am talking about being a JERK not joking around I am not being picky here I mean being totaly rude and disrespectful... behavior which is never acceptable anywhere any time.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't mean to offend you, but this is poker - get used to it or find another hobby.
my 2c

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah u offend me. This is not a jusitification.

I should clarify.. I am talking about being a JERK not joking around I am not being picky here I mean being totaly rude and disrespectful... behavior which is never acceptable anywhere any time.

[/ QUOTE ]

the people your talking about dont give a [censored] what you think about them
Old 10-11-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So every once in a while I make the horrible mistake of reading outside the Beginners forum and Omaha Hi and I just have to say that I have to wonder about the mental maturity of some of the posters. I know they are guys ( which limits them already) but it just gets plain rude, nasty, malicious, and stupid. I want to say something so badly but I hold my tounge so to speak. Who else can't stand it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're wasting your time worrying about this, or thinking that it can change.

I put my two cents into a thread discussing whether Kristy Gazes was pretty enough. I got blasted for stating that some people on 2+2 need to grow up. The only halfway intelligent response I received was a correction to my statement that Gazes was the top woman in the Bluff magazine power rankings. (She was second, Kathy Leibert was first).

Guys on here are going to talk about breast size, which female player they would "do", and all the other stuff that drives you crazy.

I'm not going to waste another post saying that women should get more respect. It's a waste of my time (and yours). You would be, as the Bible says, casting your pearls before swine.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:35 PM

You are correct Clif.. I just wanted to vent it. Actually those whose hotter than whos posts aren't exactly what i was referring to but you are right POINT is mute... I just wanted to vent because I am having a terrible week and I get sick of those types of posts.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
POINT is mute...

[/ QUOTE ]
This is my favorite malapropism of all time.

Anyway, when one goes on Internet discussion boards, one finds how little the general public has to say. Most people have no way of expressing themselves without rude oversimplifications and namecalling. The mass media we've been cursed with in the last twenty years--the only mass media the 20-somethings among us are familiar with--doesn't help any. Television and radio consist almost entirely of namecalling and people throwing tantrums which entail them being cruel to others. I refer to reality shows, dating shows, Jerry Springer-caliber "talk" shows, and all of the hundreds of blowhard radio call-in shows, as well as the aptly-named morning zoo shows. It isn't the programs that are to blame--it is the boneheads who can't be inundated with these without emulating them. American discourse--and that of other Western nations--has become nothing but namecalling and crass, juvenile putdowns. To escape it, read a book.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:17 PM

The poster base on 2+2 is very interesting, for sure. Probably a lot of intelligence out there, and as follows, a lot of genuinely weird, quirky people. Also a lot of personalities that probably aren't too 'alpha' in the real world, taking advantage of the opportunity this message board affords them to pretend that they are. If that makes any sense.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...malapropism...

[/ QUOTE ]

Never use this word again