Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2006, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Why do the Live Players......

[ QUOTE ]
They are there for entertainment. Poker for them is just another -ev form of gambling like blackjack or craps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or bingo.

Yep.

The game is also alot slower than online so they won't bust out near as easily/quick and their playing money is more easily replenishable.

b
Old 12-12-2006, 04:53 PM

I haven't played in the afternoon for a long time. I came from the realization that my body actually prefers to wake up a 4 pm. But I do remember playing against (insert government employee), but yeah, they did play bad.

I think that the nail here is that they are trying to blow off some steam. Surely, these people aren't going to take a hour out of their otherwise busy day and fold.

I think that, especially in the case of said governmant employees, throwing around chips makes them feel richer than they really are. I think that is the case with chips period. You simply don't realize the drastic change in numbers until your stack is depleted or obscenely huge. Oppose that to a number in your face.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:39 PM

Very few people are there to play poker. They are there to have fun. Some guys are there to play poker. They play online and make lots of money (also known as rakeback and bonus whoring.) They take their poker very seriously. The rest of us have fun watching them steam when they find out that playing live isn't as easy as they thought it was, when Joe Welder hits his flush with K3s and sucks out on Joe Cool with his Oakleys.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:47 PM

god bless joe welder.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:17 PM

HA!! You guys need to play in the Los Angeles area card rooms. They have people that'll wreck you. People here don't have to go to Vegas to play or drive hours upon hours to play so they play everyday. Of course you still find donks here and there but there are also many good players too.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:09 PM

well.... ease up there cowboys... just because ur crushing the 1-2nl game doesn't mean live players suck. go up a level or two and i think you'll be pleasantly surprised [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2006, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HA!! You guys need to play in the Los Angeles area card rooms. They have people that'll wreck you. People here don't have to go to Vegas to play or drive hours upon hours to play so they play everyday. Of course you still find donks here and there but there are also many good players too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol at this post, Commerce has some of the best games in the country.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:23 AM

Beacuse live players have to think for themselves observe for themselves and not use data mining software to tell them when to bet, fold, and raise.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol at this post, Commerce has some of the best games in the country.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my point. Sometimes I don't type so well.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:09 AM

I don't see this at all at my cardroom. Last Friday I played 4/8 at Canterbury. I switched tables 4 times and couldn't find a decent table. Every table was pretty tight with very few unraised flops. The few fish that were there either busted quickly or sucked out every other hand. Also, it's easy to think the other players suck when you're running good.